Should H&H greatly expand its ammo selection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A revolver will cycle regardless of ammo. Just make sure the ammo doesn't burn dirty. Semi-autos are a different story. Some ammo doesn't feed well. I bought a box of .45acp at H&H and it was the dirtiest junk I've ever shot. It cycled okay with only a few ftfs, but the pistol was covered in a nice coat of soot, and my arms were speckled with that stuff.

Corbon?

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the dirty ammo thing, I think it's partially finding the ammo the gun likes. Winchester shoots great in the g21, but my 1911 spatters me with a shower of nastiness with every shot when I'm shooting the Winchester, but it shoots blazer brass clean as a whistle. Finicky little thing. :P

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What brand of ammo was it?

Not only am I a cheapskate but a broke one so I shoot mostly Blazer .40 S&W and even this cheap ammo doesn't seem to dirty to me.

I can't think of the brand name of that crap. I paid $25 for it, which was way too much. I've not shot anything that dirty since that day. I don't buy any ammo from there now. I also tried some Fiocchi through my .380 which burned okay, but failed to feed about 1/3 of the time. I seem to have good luck with Remington, Federal, and Winchester brands for target shooting.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the H&H range yesterday, Sunday the 9th, and as I was leaving decided to get a box of .38 spec and the only thing they had was Independence. It was the last box and I bought it for $19 and change. A few boxes of .357 Blazer but that was it...Forget Wal Mart, they never have anything at alll..

tacoma

Marksman
Reaction score
The ammo at Walmart is hit or miss. I have been lucky buying 38 and 357 lately. It is showing up more and more. I actually pass on 22lr now that I have enough.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They seem to make alot off the ammo off the counter. Don't think they would ever do that. Its way to expensive to buy ammo at H&H

This is absolutely true. Buying ammo at H&H is getting completely owned. Would I rather buy from a local store like H&H? Sure, just can't justify it.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H is overpriced. I think everyone knows that. It's a last resort option for me to purchase ammo there. And making there ammo counter bigger won't solve their pricing problem.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the H&H range yesterday, Sunday the 9th, and as I was leaving decided to get a box of .38 spec and the only thing they had was Independence. It was the last box and I bought it for $19 and change. A few boxes of .357 Blazer but that was it...Forget Wal Mart, they never have anything at alll..

ouch, damn they are proud of their .38 spc and independence is a re-man ammo (I am pretty sure). .38 spc used to be as cheap as 9mm used to be. All of it is toooooo damn high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom