Should H&H greatly expand its ammo selection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weaseload

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All places should make their ammo more accessible. Where you can pick up the box and look at it without having to ask for it over the counter. They all should have a big selection (when available)

I've never bought ammo at H&H for that reason. I feel that I'm taking the guys away from serving their range customers. Academy is really bad. You can't see any of the details (price, grain, etc) over the counter.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fact is every business you walk into has to have liabiltiy insurance as just a fact of doing business. If you keep the ammo out where your customers can "serve themselves" your insurance company , most likly, doesn't want you as a customer! Personally, I kind of get turned off by a box of ammo that looks as though it has been opened 50 times ,so someone that doesn't know what he wants, to look at it , drop it all on the floor and maybe not find it all at that. That's what the guy behind the counter is for. If he wants to open the box carfully, not half way tear the flap off, and hand you one round to look at, he's doing his job. Same goes for that box of bullets with the factory tape cut or the scope I have decided to buy that has had the cellophane taken off. There are so many ways to inform yourself about these products these days its almost mind boggling. And for the insurance thing, I think you all would be shocked at the cost! As for the cost of ammo, yes, some are gouging, but remember those that are not WalMart don't get our ammo delivered on the same company semi that also has jeans, motor oil and filters, paint, light bulbs, pillows, CD's, candy and everything else under the sun, we have to pay UPS or FedEx, just alittle more expensive than company owned shipping. :twocents:

Latest posts

Top Bottom