1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Should OK extend carry rights to citizens of...

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by Rez Exelon, Dec 9, 2020.

1. corneileous

corneileous Sharpshooter

You mean like, those states that don’t allow carry from other states?

Well, good luck with that because as liberal as those states are, I believe the only thing that’s gonna make that happen is the federal government stepping in and telling them they have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Your probably right. Here's hoping all these new gun owners in some of these states can help turn the tide by starting to elect politicians/officials with sensible gun laws in mind.

3. corneileous

corneileous Sharpshooter

It might for some states but if we were to start cutting allowances from other states because they don’t extend reciprocity to us, they probably don’t even care because other than just being liberal states and hating guns, a lot of why most states won’t honor other state’s permits is because those first states don’t think those other state’s permit process is as stringent as theirs.

Like for example, why is it I think Wisconsin or whatever it is, will only allow Oklahoma’s permits up to 2018? Did something change on our end?

4. corneileous

corneileous Sharpshooter

I think they been trying but now it seems the logical thing to do is just pack up and get the fack outta there and go somewhere that’s a lot more gun-friendly.

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  5. rlongnt

rlongnt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm too lazy to look it up but several of them don't have reciprocity because we issue a 5 and 10 year permits. 10 years between background checks doesn't fly in some places.

As for Oklahoma honoring a CCW from anywhere. I'm 100% for that. Lead by example. Freedom is always a good thing.

Beau B, TedKennedy and corneileous like this.
  6. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    #ShareFreedom

rlongnt likes this.
  7. corneileous

corneileous Sharpshooter

Not only that but those states that refuse to reciprocate with anybody probably have far more hoops to jump through than we do to be allowed to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. Not only that, isn’t California and New York two of the states that unless your life is in eminent danger, they won’t even issue a permit even if your background check is clean?

rlongnt likes this.
  8. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yep. How do you teach children right from wrong? ....... You lead by example. I think that rule applies in this case also

Beau B, TedKennedy and retrieverman like this.
  9. TeamTomlyn

TeamTomlyn Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I find respiratory a great travel tool for planning all of our family trips and vacation.
    If I can't carry a gun there; WE DONT GO!!!
    I won't spend my money there, I wont pay tolls there, I wont take great pics and share them on social media, etc etc. It is like that state doesn't even exist in my family.

TedKennedy and retrieverman like this.
  10. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

Is it a law that a person from another state has to wear a sign saying they’re from “California” when they carry in Oklahoma?:scratch:

If not, how would you know they were from a state that doesn’t have reciprocity with OK?!?:anyone: