Show me your tactical vest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im looking at putting one together. Not sure if I want to buy one thats already made or buy the vest and add to it. I would really like one to have a cross draw holster, handgun as well as ar15 mag pouches.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My primary light armor/plate carrier is the TAG/Shellback tactical banshee.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]
I keep it pretty light, and don't keep water in the hydration carrier unless I think I'll need it. I also have the cummerbund with a blowout kit/smoke on it for times when quick donning wouldn't be an issue.

My current AK rig, a HSGI wasatch.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

And my Eagle/SKD univeral chest rig. Holds 8 mags, but I only have 6 in there, so I can fit a pistol in the last pouch. The OD green pouch is a blowout kit.

[Broken External Image]
Don't mind the dog drool in my floor haha

If you aren't wearing armor, I'd seriously look at some of the better chest rigs.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the chest rig also can hold 4 double stacked pistol or 8 single stack pistol mags. I run 2, plus a leatherman and surefire G2 in the other pouches.

And my AK rig.is upside down. Doh!

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two velocity level iv stand alone plates that are swimmer cuts. Waiing on the Crye JPC I ordered two months ago but think I'll go ahead and buy a Maflower APC until the JPC gets here.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love Crye Products. I did a 2month Demo with one in Afghanistan. Add the Waist belt to it, Its feels so much better. Takes the wait off the sholders!!

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice, what plates/soft armor are you running in that TAG Norman?
I'm running RBR armor level 3/4 ICW 10X12 plates and American Body Armor 3A soft. IIRC RBR has since been sold, the plates are heavy and the ABA soft smells like my funk from summertime ( :) ), but I didn't pay for either of them ;). I'll probably look into some lighter weight Velocity systems plates and the TAG soft armor for the banshee this fall. Right now I've entered the dark addiction of NFA though haha.

I have two velocity level iv stand alone plates that are swimmer cuts. Waiing on the Crye JPC I ordered two months ago but think I'll go ahead and buy a Maflower APC until the JPC gets here.
Gucci gear fo sho. Problem with the JPC is some of the.gubbmint ninjas oconus are wearing it, so it's a hot item. The Mayflower APC is cool, but Idk if it'd really be worth it. You prolly wear your JPC instead whenever it comes in, so you might be better served getting something to fill a different niche instead.

Idk how much you know about armor, but please use backers even if you have stand alone plates. If you're goin whole hog side sapi's wouldn't hurt. Wearing armor is a biotch, and I don't like wearing plates unless there's a possibility I'll actually need them. When I do lighter is better, but I always wear backers.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plate backers are on my next order. The plates I have are supposed to have no plate back deformation but better safe than bruised.

That is the holdup on the JPC. The guys in harms way get them first which is fine with me. The more I read and see on the APC, I like it. I thought about the Blue Force Gear LMAC but I think the APC will get me by until the JPC gets here.

I won't be wearing this everyday but if I ever take a class that requires it for indoors/shoothouse training, I'll have it. And on Dec. 21, 2012 when the world is supposed to go to ****, it'll be one more layer of protection from the wandering band of raiders. Lol. I'll probably get a low profile plate carrier for the ability to not look like a gi joe but still have the protection of hard armor. During winter only of course.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spall guards are good consideration too, no?

I know the GI stuff has built in spall protection, but do most of the other/after market plates have the same?

Latest posts

Top Bottom