Show off your painted rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just painted my new AR. I did this for a few reasons. I think it looks cool, it hides the gaudy logos and markings all over the optic, and of course, it blends in better with my environment than a scary black rifle. A side effect is that this makes it harder for me to sell, which is a plus in my case because I trade/sell more than I should.

Anybody else paint their rifles? I'd love to see what y'all have done, especially some different color schemes and patterns that would work well for us in Oklahoma, both in rural and urban areas. I just did green and black using a laundry bag this time as it breaks up the basic shape of a rifle next to my clothing.

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3744.JPG

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nice, I have thought about trying a rattle can finish on one of my cheap ones like my M&P. I have seen some turn our really good
You should go for it! Just be sure to mask off important markings and glass on optics or remove them entirely. The only other things you need to mask is the mag well, forward assist, trigger, and muzzle device if you plan to run a suppressor.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could take a stencil and paint "Sam I am" on it. Just think, a 'scary black rifle' and "Dr. Suess" together!

It would make those with a weaker constitution pee their pants!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom