Show pics of well used, battle damaged, beat up knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Leek clone. Not quite as functional as it used to be, the blade pushes backwards a bit.

View attachment 40111

I bought this Wave just before I started my SERE training nearly 10 years ago. She's been my toolbox and my dining utensils. When I misplace her, I actually start to feel physically ill. I love this little tool and the history behind each blemish. No rust, no chips, and no missing parts, but believe me I don't baby my stuff.

i.imgur.com_6WlKCWA.jpg

i.imgur.com_BVu2afK.jpg

i.imgur.com_78Jjaoh.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a crappy cell phone pic of my Para-2 when I was doing some roofing over at the In-laws place. Nobody could believe that I was able to clean up the knife and put an edge back on it to make it look like a light user. That day I convinced 4 folks to buy Spydercos with G10 scales and satin finishes because they hide wear/damage so well. You can't see it in the pic, but there are actually some good dings in the G10 and some fairly good dings/chips in the edge from hitting staples. I was able to almost bring the edge back with just a strop and once I cleaned and oiled the scales, you couldn't see hardly any of the marks on it.

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_2012_01_21_12_59_30_236.jpg

I can't find the "after" pic, but I had to turn it just right so that the light hit the scratches to even get them to show up in the pic.

Here's a pic of my SuperLeaf when I was trying to convince my friend that my superthick plain-edge blade could slice better than his uber-thin serrated blade. He ended up with a Para-2 shortly after and loved it:

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_2012_02_05_17_58_11_570_zps649af513.jpg

Here are my two sons' first bushcrafting knives (Condor and mora on the right - the smaller Candiru was my wife's and I had the Izula) after some fire-prep and making pot-stands (and toggles for marlin-spike hitches for the hammocks):

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_2014_03_20_10_33_47_825_zps6a174199.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Leek clone. Not quite as functional as it used to be, the blade pushes backwards a bit.

View attachment 40111

I bought this Wave just before I started my SERE training nearly 10 years ago. She's been my toolbox and my dining utensils. When I misplace her, I actually start to feel physically ill. I love this little tool and the history behind each blemish. No rust, no chips, and no missing parts, but believe me I don't baby my stuff.

I hate some of their company practices, but damned if they don't make a fine tool. My Leatherman MUT will likely last my lifetime and some of the more used parts/cutters are replaceable. Just pure quality all around in their stuff.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just pulled this one out of my pack, goes on most every hunt and camping activity, simple 0-1 tool steel. Easily handles game and camping tasks with ease. Its lost a lot of its luster since the day I made it, but none of the performance. I try and keep the patina knocked back by buffing it from time to time.
STEVENS - WIN_20140919_070216.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom