Time for you all to bring out all the fuglies you have hidden in the back of the closet or gun safe and show the world your bubba gunsmithing beauty queens! I'll start with this... 1943 Tula Mosin Nagant 91/30. Bought this rifle in a group buy for dirt cheap. Bore is very rough (one of the worst I've seen in a 91/30) and has rough tooling marks everywhere. The stiffest and worst trigger of any of my mosins. This is probably the lowest on the totem pole in terms of Mosin "collectibility." The rifling and crown towards the end of the barrel was so bad that it had 1-2 feet groupings at 100 yards. I knocked off the rear sight assembly and attached a 2-7x long eye relief pistol scope with medium height 11mm scope rings. I chopped the barrel down to 18 inches with a hacksaw and squared it up with a file. Used a brass screw head to chamfer the bore a bit to smooth out the rough edges on the rifling. No crowning tool necessary I cut down the stock and top handguard and reshaped and sanded them down a bit. I also added a spacer washer under the trigger spring to give it more height, which reduced the trigger pull significantly. It still is a little heavy with more creep than I like in a mosin trigger, so I may add another spacer. The result is what you get below. I didn't have all of my ammo with me when I took it out to the range, so was only able to sight it in enough to get on paper. When I was finally able to hit paper, the three shot grouping was about 3" at 50 yards. I wasn't trying to get a tight group and was rushing to quickly sight in the scope to get on paper. Next time I'm going to see just how tight the groupings are with this bubba'd mosin after I sight it in at 100 yards. Already, it's far more accurate than how it was stock. I'm surprised, because I totally expected it to not ever hit paper due to the lack of a proper muzzle squaring and crown.