SHTF/TEOTWAWKI Currency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soonr80

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skills will always be in demand, I have been looking at small engine repair, and boot making among other things. It will depend on how far civilization falls, as to the level of skills that will be needed and in demand. That is why I am considering a multi-level approach.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha. Gruesome but well said. I forget exactly what dental gold is wrt purity but it's a bit down there. Maybe along the lines of junk silver?

Just goes to remind you how handy a pair of channel locks can be.

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha. Gruesome but well said. I forget exactly what dental gold is wrt purity but it's a bit down there. Maybe along the lines of junk silver?

Just goes to remind you how handy a pair of channel locks can be.

Real dental gold is about 16K.

Even the "white" gold that we use in in that range. Far better than junk silver, but not alot by weight.

Dental gold is usually measured by the pennyweight or in grains if that gives you any indication of the amounts.

In Troy weight, the pound = 12 ounces, the ounce = 20 pennyweights, and the pennyweight = 24 grains.

Dave

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't the post-apocolyptic world going to be populated with smokin' hot, barely clothed, big- breasted babes who can use machine guns, swords and even excel at hand to hand combat?

SCAgrannie

New to the site!
Reaction score
Good book. I've read it several times over the years. And i'd add seeds to your survival stash. Heirloom type. You'd want to grow them out and save the seed. For you gardening types, "Three Sisters" is the way to go. Beans, squash and corn.
SCA

Latest posts

Top Bottom