SHTF warning signs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.... I had a boss on time when I was a young man that used to tell me the definition of luck is ''Preparation meeting opportunity.'' Because if you’re not prepared it will just pass you own by.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's not just ammo purchases, if you have more than 7 days worth of food you could be considered a terrorist. The govt recommends having 3 but something about days 4,5, & 6 that start making them nervous.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my deal. If one is convinced that the S is about to completely HTF..then why not be gone right now? Why stick around, living in a populated area with the internet, tv, car and the trappings of a modern life? Get gone, find a remote valley and start living the life of self sufficiency before it's too late.

Short of that is just admitting you have a measure or tolerance for a certain amount of risk. You (and me) are willing to gamble, more than just a bit, that things won't go south. You want to enjoy the trappings of modern life and hope that you can recognize the unrecognizable while making some preparations for a completely unknown event and a completely new and foreign way of life.

I can't wrap my brain around it, but yet I still give it a shot, at some level. Maybe I'm rambling....

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats a reasonable question, except while there still some semblance of law and order, squating on someone's land or attempting to homestead a national forest will most likely only quicken your victimization or loss of freedom (jail). I personally wouldn't want to be locked in a cell when SHTF

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who said squatting? Scrape it together, sell the X-box and the other crap. Use your resources and go. Buy a patch somewhere and start planting. Spending $10's of thousands of dollars on "preps" while still living in or near a population center with the inherent security concerns, as well as having little to no means of producing/reproducing food over the long term doesn't make much sense if you really think the end is coming.

This is not me putting down people's preparations and ideas...heck I fit the description above (well not $10's of thousands). I'm just playing devil's advocate and thinking out loud. Asking myself the same questions.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I cannot see SHTF in the entire US at once. I can see an economic collapse similar to the great Depression. If we suffer a collapse like that, we only have to look to the past to see how others handled it.

Did we have roving bands of raiders?
How bad was crime?
How did city dwellers deal with 25% or more unemployment?
How did electric and water bills get paid?
What was rationed?

I too lived through the threats of the cold war, if that kind of war gets unleashed, you will do what you must to survive, rules/laws get thrown out.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I had 10 of thousands of dollars to spend on prepping, I'd probably do just that. Scrape it together Kinda reminds me of that Romney quote "Just barrow the money from your parents." lol

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what I think about all this. GC likes to have these discussions. They wear me thin, because it's all speculation. But you guys give me some to think about ...

I'll just keep doing what I"m doing now ... Making homemade foods because they are healthier, keeping small livestock because I enjoy their antics (not to mention the "fruits" of their labor) and putting by because I don't like having to go out in public all that much ...

I have no doubt we'll all be fine in the end. And if we are not, then you guys can all come by the house and say "I told you so" ... LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom