Sig Brace ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys.
I keep looking at the Sig pistol brace. I would like to hear the good and bad from those that have them.
What are the things that you do not like about them?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently shot three different AK47's with them installed, they acted just like a regular stock to me. If I owned a pistol that would take one, it would be a no brainer for me to own one.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Info I've seen lately says ATF is changing their stance on them. I say get your paperwork together and do it right.

you are just mad that we saved more money and time than you. :Heya:

I like my sig brace just fine, seems very much like a shoulder stock when used in that capacity. I really can't use the brace as a brace and the sights in a standard firing position, I have to cant the gun a little as my arm doesn't bend like that. Last down side I have is mine was all loosey goosey and basically spun on the buffer tube. a quick google search let me know to put some electical tape on the tube and reinstall the brace. All is good now. Overall I love it!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the ATF does a 180 and declares the Sig brace illegal without a NFA stamp, won't that make life difficult for those who have one now? You might not want to risk taking it to a public range?

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about not worry about what the ATF "might" do. The guy wants to know what people who actually have them like/don't like about them.

Me? I can't come up with a downside. I've got one on a suppressed pistol upper. Handy as a pocket on a shirt. With a KAK buffer tube the brace is rock solid.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the ATF does a 180 and declares the Sig brace illegal without a NFA stamp, won't that make life difficult for those who have one now? You might not want to risk taking it to a public range?

I would bet that the ATF would allow you register it. And like other weapons and such they deem after the fact, they will waive the Tax Fee, but you will have to register it.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you are just mad that we saved more money and time than you. :Heya:

I like my sig brace just fine, seems very much like a shoulder stock when used in that capacity. I really can't use the brace as a brace and the sights in a standard firing position, I have to cant the gun a little as my arm doesn't bend like that. Last down side I have is mine was all loosey goosey and basically spun on the buffer tube. a quick google search let me know to put some electical tape on the tube and reinstall the brace. All is good now. Overall I love it!

I know I won't have to ever worry about it. At some point it will be changed, it's used as a shoulder stock for sheets sake. And I don't see them waiving any fees ever. But yous guys go ahead, An AR pistol is of no use to me. My forever legal 10.5 runs just fine & My Tavor is shorter anyway...

Latest posts

Top Bottom