Sig Brace ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Info I've seen lately says ATF is changing their stance on them. I say get your paperwork together and do it right.

ATF did not "change their mind" on the Sig brace. I wish people would actually read the ruling instead of regurgitating misinformation and fear mongering from blogs/websites/youtube personalities.

Their ruling was accurate and inline with how shotgun are classified. The Sig brace is meant to be used on a pistol. There's no such thing as a shotgun pistol. Shotguns have to have barrels atleast 18" long. Removing a stock from a shotgun does not make it a pistol. The shotgun still has to have a 18" barrel with the stock removed or otherwise it becomes an SBS or AOW. The ruling does not apply or even relate to pistols at all.

Honestly, I think the manufacturer that thought sticking the pistol brace on a regulated AOW (short barreled shotgun) are idiots. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that it wasn't going to magically make an NFA item like an AOW into a non AOW based on how the brace was ruled.

What they did wouldn't even have worked on an AR or AK. This would be like taking a 20" AR rifle, cutting it down to 7" and removing the stock, which now makes it an illegal SBR because it was a rifle to begin with. Then slapping a sig brace and then saying, "Oh look, it's not an illegal SBR anymore because it has a Sig brace...."

The Sig brace currently works because they are being put on pistols, not rifles. Not rifles illegally converted into SBR's, but firearms that actually were built and started as pistols. Currently, the ATF has ruled that there is no "incorrect" way to shoot a pistol. Enforcing a "correct" way would be unenforceable. If the ATF wanted to put a stop to people using the Sig brace as stocks, they would have to rule that it's a stock, not a pistol brace. It wouldn't ban the Sig brace, but would make installing them on pistols instantly illegal SBR's.

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggs, you are welcome to shoot mine and see how you like it!

PS:

You will REALLY like it!

Eventually I will get the 5.56 upper together do do this!

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the manufacturer that thought sticking the pistol brace on a regulated AOW (short barreled shotgun) are idiots. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that it wasn't going to magically make an NFA item like an AOW into a non AOW based on how the brace was ruled.

I totally agree!!!

Keeifer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Sig PM400 with the Sig brace and I love it. Easy to shoot from the shoulder and with the brace attached to your forearm. If you make it to Tulsa you are welcome to shoot it.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
There is such a thing as a shotgun pistol and I think legally you could put a sig brace on a super comanche without violating NFA rules.

super_comanche.jpg

I really want an IWI Galil Ace(7.62 X 39) pistol(yes, I know it's still vaporware) with a side folding brace.

IWI-Galil-ACE-with-folding-brace-open-sides-20141.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok guys.
I keep looking at the Sig pistol brace. I would like to hear the good and bad from those that have them.
What are the things that you do not like about them?

Biggs, you can come check the granddaughters out if it is closer. I can ask the granddaughter if she wouldn't mind ! LOL!

As far as likes or dislikes, nothing to dislike at all in my book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom