Sig Brace ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the people going out of their way to make it even more functional as a stock and flaunting the fact they essentially have an untaxed SBR, this was inevitable.

Maybe, just maybe this will be an impetus to get SBR's removed from NFA status. Guess I should knock out a letter to my Senator and Representative and see their thoughts on getting suppressors and SBR/SBS removed.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, guess I don't look so dumb now.....

Their stance was obviously going to change. Get legal and don't worry about it. Would be nice if they take SBRs off but I don't see it coming

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read nothing in that letter that states the Sig Brace has changed in their decision. The Sig Brace still if used in the capacity of its intended design does not and still does not in the letter make a AR Pistol a SBR.

Did I miss something that you all read???? I read it as nothing has changed in their mind about Sig Braces. UNLESS used in correctly. LOL! As well as long as you use a angled for grip nothing changed as well.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

I read nothing in that letter that states the Sig Brace has changed in their decision. The Sig Brace still if used in the capacity of its intended design does not and still does not in the letter make a AR Pistol a SBR.

Did I miss something that you all read???? I read it as nothing has changed in their mind about Sig Braces. UNLESS used in correctly. LOL! As well as long as you use a angled for grip nothing changed as well.

I think the question is not having one installed on your pistol being legal. I think the question is the legality of shouldering said brace. In another letter, earlier, the ATF stated that they DO NOT classify a weapon based on how someone uses it, and that firing it from the shoulder DOES NOT make it an SBR.

Obviously, they changed their statement. Wish we had a lawyer on here that would run with this. Too bad old JB isn't a lawyer, ready to stand up against the tyranny of a wishy-washy bunch of non lawmakers making the law as they go. Too bad he's just a danged old bus boy. Wait, I think he may be a lawyer!

Hey JB? Where's my uncle when I need him?

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, guess I don't look so dumb now.....

Their stance was obviously going to change. Get legal and don't worry about it. Would be nice if they take SBRs off but I don't see it coming

This letter was not addressed to me, therefore nothing changed as far as I know. It's all made up Internet BS. Therefore I am "legal" and not worrying about it.

Good grief. . .people act like the ATF is some all-seeing, all-knowing god. The IRS doesn't scare people as badly as the ATF does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom