Sig P238 - who has shot one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a dad-gum range report!

I'm Jonesin' to pick up one for the wife, but I'm not sure how they shoot.

Didn't someone just pick one up? Why haven't you shot your gun and written a fully-detailed range report yet man!?!?!?!? :D

I really like the looks, but would honestly have some nice wood grips on one (maybe Marschall will start making some).

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a dad-gum range report!

I'm Jonesin' to pick up one for the wife, but I'm not sure how they shoot.

Didn't someone just pick one up? Why haven't you shot your gun and written a fully-detailed range report yet man!?!?!?!? :D

I really like the looks, but would honestly have some nice wood grips on one (maybe Marschall will start making some).

Just for you EZ, I passed up mowing the lawn this afternoon and went to the range.;) I ran 100 rounds of FMJ through it and then ran 20 rounds of JHP through it. No hiccups of any kind. No FTF or FTE whatsoever. It's no tackdriver but at 10yds or less it is as accurate as my Colt Mustang. Although I didn't run any rounds through it using the Mustang magazine it appears they will interchange. I agree with you that they would look better with wood grips, but the Mustang grips will not interchange. I do think the black grips look better than the silver ones that I saw in all the preview photos. If you liked the Colt Mustang, I think you will be happy with the Sig. Hope this helps. Only problem I have encountered, is the wife has threatened to claim it as hers. If you have any questions, send them my way.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First a disclaimer. In the past I have bashed the .380 acp as only being a marginally effective self defense round and have bashed mouse guns in general. That being said, I picked up a 238 Saturday and shot it yesterday. I still feel the same about the .380 and small guns. I bought the Sig just because its a very well made neat little gun. I might occassionally carry it as a back up or the rare occassion that I wear a suit.

Mini range report. The gun is very well made and ran great its first time out. I have shot both the Keltec and the LCP and I can shoot the 238 much better. You can actually see the sights and the SA trigger is good. I put 50 rounds (all I had) of Blazer through the gun and no problems. At 10 yards, I had all 50 rounds pretty much in the center of a paper plate. If I decide to carry it, a IWB would be a good choice, I don't see a problem with cocked and locked. The thumb safety is positive and the hammer cocks partially into the beavertail so it is pretty protected. Rumor has it that a 238 SA/DA with decocker will be available later this year. Who knows? Oh yeah, I got the two tone with standard sights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom