Sig P320 potentially unsafe. Lawsuit filed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just so I understand, you would rather take a chance on something that you can not see possibly happening than something a quick visual can warn you could happen? No offense, but that is a pretty weak argument. If you had said you prefer the same trigger pull each time, that I could understand. I'll stick with doing my visual inspection before holstering my firearm, especially since I engage the safety before holstering, which in turn decocks the hammer.
What happens more often ?
Human error or a piece of manufactured metal in a firearm breaking?

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So just to stop by on the DA/SA argument... The whole reason to use a DA/SA gun is its safer when you holster the gun, you know this cause you place your Thumb on the top of the hammer and hold it down when holstering.. this way you would know if you did in fact forget to decock the gun...….. And if you did get the trigger caught on something wile holstering you would prevent any harm due to the fact that the thumb is defeating the trigger by applying pressure to it.

I guess I really do need to do a few DA/SA classes here.

Continue to argue about Sig.....

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So just to stop by on the DA/SA argument... The whole reason to use a DA/SA gun is its safer when you holster the gun, you know this cause you place your Thumb on the top of the hammer and hold it down when holstering.. this way you would know if you did in fact forget to decock the gun...….. And if you did get the trigger caught on something wile holstering you would prevent any harm due to the fact that the thumb is defeating the trigger by applying pressure to it.

I guess I really do need to do a few DA/SA classes here.

Continue to argue about Sig.....
Tanis knew that

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tanis knew that

Well, different method to the same conclusion. On my Beretta I just push the safety lever down before I holster, this automatically decocks it. As soon as its holstered I move the safety back to off. Its second nature now. I also do a quick visual inspection to make sure, though I should train more with doing a thumb check as well, just incase I have to keep my eyes on something while holstering. I'm probably going to remove the spring and pin that makes the safety a safety and turn it into a decocker only. Dunno yet.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^This^^^ is what I did to my Px4. Not only did I not care for the manual safety, but the "horns" on the safety are PAINFUL when you rack the slide. I replaced them with the slimmer Type G low profile safety levers.

Putting your thumb on the hammer is a good idea that I need to work on, too. But I've mostly carried a Glock the last few years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom