Sig Sauer BDX Scopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. I do a lot of big game hunting, and with the exception of once or twice out of hundreds of times, I've not had the time to whup out my iphone, pull up an app, get out my range finder, shoot a distance, find a place to shoot from for a rest and then dial in the scope with a smug grin on my face.
Rarely have the time to get out the range finder and get a range in reality.
For semi stationary game like prairie dogs, etc. it would work great.
When I'm the one stationary and in the stand, I take the rangefinder and range all the shooting lanes or known points of interest, committing them to short term memory and I'm familiar with my rifle and its ballistics, so it just comes together naturally like that.
Bushnell I think it is has an electronic scope with a rangefinder built into the scope, so a push of a button gives instant data in your vision so you never have to raise you head from the scope. That one has more practicality IMHO than Sig model does.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you only use the phone to setup the system. After that it's just the rangefinder. It would likely work better if hunting in pairs, one on the gun and one on the RF.