Sig Sauer P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sigp365_01-675x450.jpg
That is a sharp lookin' little SIG there. The design looks robust and well thought-out. I am anxious to see and handle one in person now. Even more anxious to shoot one. I can almost feel that card coming out of my wallet as I type this even...Thanks JD8. (Seriously; this is one cool little pistol from what I see).

Here's a link to a video from The Truth About Guns about this pistol. Watch this; it may be a game changer for sure guys. 10+1 in a small pistol like this...1.0" wide. Holy Cow.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/01/robert-farago/new-sig-sauer-p365/

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks pretty small to me. Want to see it next to a Shield or G43.

I'll say this.... I've been nothing but impressed with my P320s. Can't figure out how I shoot them well but I do. They have a HORRIBLE grip angle, but the trigger just makes up for it. If this thing has a trigger similar to a P320..... I'm in.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig seems to have just dropped this out of the sky...no big build-up; no pre-release hype, just an announcement that the pistol exists. And an MSRP of $599? So once the dust settles, we will probably see this pistol with a price around $525 or so, maybe less. Yeah, some will say that we should hold our breath and wait to see if the thing pans out or if it pulls a fizzle. I can hear some now: "I won't pay to be a BETA-Tester for SIG". Well; I will, I'd buy one for MSRP right now if I could get my grubby mitts on it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hold on to your money.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/08/introducing-the-sig-sauer-p365/

"Unfortunately, with at least one round in every magazine on that first day, the pistol failed to completely go into battery. Initially, SIG employees told me I was limp wristing the pistol. As I was wearing gloves and it was very cold, I figured we’d see if that was actually the problem once we were inside on the second day. However, it turned out that all of the press, and a couple of SIG personnel shooting the pistol that day, experienced the same issue."

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hold on to your money.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/08/introducing-the-sig-sauer-p365/

"Unfortunately, with at least one round in every magazine on that first day, the pistol failed to completely go into battery. Initially, SIG employees told me I was limp wristing the pistol. As I was wearing gloves and it was very cold, I figured we’d see if that was actually the problem once we were inside on the second day. However, it turned out that all of the press, and a couple of SIG personnel shooting the pistol that day, experienced the same issue."

In fairness, clicking the link let’s one read the entire article in which they do say the malfs went away on day 2 once they moved indoors and changed lube. In fact, the writer attributed the malfunctions to extreme cold and improper lube . Kind of a greasy response if you ask me. But, yeah, one would think SIG would have made sure to use a thin oil in real cold temps so that they could be sure the guns would run right! There will be a lot more reviews soon though, so we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interesting... I like. Probably going to have to get one eventually to try it out. I've got a number of little subcompacts, but the more Sigs I own and fire, the more I love them!

Definitely want to see more testing and reviews, especially about the issues mentioned above. Every new gun can have its growing pains. Look at the 320, right? But still a great gun - from what I've read. Not gotten to handle or shoot one yet.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been nothing but impressed with my P320s. Can't figure out how I shoot them well but I do. They have a HORRIBLE grip angle, but the trigger just makes up for it. If this thing has a trigger similar to a P320..... I'm in.

Same. I keep thinking I need to jump back on the Glock bandwagon, but my P320 shoots circles around any Glock I’ve owned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom