Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered one but it would not let me use the code.

I was still willing to pay $120

I’m finally catching up to have enough red dots. I been wanting try one on a MPX for some time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try not to laugh, but this will be my very first glass of any kind. I've owned two ARs my entire life, sold them both. I couldn't hit sheet with the first one (DPMS) and I'm not quite sure why I sold the other one (M&P Sport). Just a habit I have I reckon. :blush:

They both had A2 front sights and carry handles, so irons is all I've ever used.

Actually, the main reason I bought this one was because it was so damn cheap. It was a build by one of the guys I work with on a Tennessee Arms polymer lower. Super light! :faint: I also liked it being chambered in 300 Blackout and it's in full FDE. I probably wouldn't have even put an optic on it, but it's a flat top upper with a carbine length keymod, so it doesn't have the A2 front sight that I like and am used to.

If I can figure out how, I'll post some pics when it's complete...stay tuned! :rubhands:

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try not to laugh, but this will be my very first glass of any kind.

It can be a difficult choice. I have issues with astigmatism and early signs of a cataract in my dominate eye. With my RMS I see 4-5 dots overlayed on each other. My Eotech is harder to work with. I had a SPaRC AR for a bit. The CMores work for short range competition but have their issues.

The Aimpoint ‘Micro and PROs work best for me, but still do not have a nice round dot. But they still work with my limitations. I’m converting some of my CMores to Aimpoint PROs as I can.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering that one from Brownell's.... I don't need one, but I have wanted one to play with and see how good they are. Same with the Burris TRS-25, I have wondered for a long time whether they are any good.
PSA has them with 10 Pmags for $199.

Latest posts

Top Bottom