Sig Vs Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want a .45 and you've decided on either Sig or Glock?

I don't care for EITHER in that platform. :disappoin

If I were to go out and buy a .45 and money WAS a main concern, I would buy either a Smith & Wesson 4506 or a Ruger P90. Both can be had for less than $400 if you shop around. ;)

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up front I'll confess to no experience with Sig. Only knowing people from time to time that own them. Like the way they look. Once and a while get worked up over one (the SAS in .40, DAO had me bad) but when I handle them they are just too stinking big. Pretty heavy too compared to polymers. When held properly I can just get the end of my finger on the trigger. I'm keeping a close eye on the 250 though. Love the trigger on it.
I currently own a G21sf. Owned a standard G21 years ago. I keep a couple targets around that I've printed clover leafs at 10-12 yards with 5 and 6 shot strings. Such grouping are not rare or isolated. A friend at work doesn't believe I did it with a Glock (he hates glocks). On average my kimber shoots better....but not by much.
When it comes to carry, one reason I tend to go glock is I can sit down with a 3/32 punch and COMPLTETLY disassemble a glock; done it several times, not hard. The biggest problem with buying parts for a glock is deciding which of the half dozen sites available you're going to order from.
Honestly, if you go with sig you'll be well armed. I just see glock as more supportable and practical daily carry.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You want a .45 and you've decided on either Sig or Glock?

I don't care for EITHER in that platform. :disappoin

If I were to go out and buy a .45 and money WAS a main concern, I would buy either a Smith & Wesson 4506 or a Ruger P90. Both can be had for less than $400 if you shop around. ;)

I carried the 4506 for 5+yrs in uniform, I now use the 4566. Heavy it is but on the range, your hard pressed to find a more stable platform!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom