*sigh* Another caliber and another mouth to feed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope! Place yer bets guys and gals! I'm taking this little feller down to my local jeweler this week to get my name and "2009" engraved on the left side of the receiver. :fart:

GED walking into a jewelery store with a rifle! Expecting rough service are you? Let me know what day you plan on doing that so I can be watching the news.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be in uniform ya doofus! :slap:

Even better. Just don't do it on Halloween.

Here is GED in his halloween costume for 2009
ahelenkosings.files.wordpress.com_2009_05_009_224_005john_wayne_posters.jpg

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AE = angle eject

Refers to spent cartridge being ejected out the top at a slightly right hand angle instead of straight up like the traditional design. Aids in scope mounting, but I like it because it clears empties out of my line of sight and keeps them from beaning me on the head or slipping down my shirt. Hot brass hurts!

Guess I should add that if you will get ya a honest to goodness, horse trough formed, 5 inch brimmed, felt Stetson, you wouldn't have to worry about hot brass going down your collar. Besides it would match your rifle real good.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AE = angle eject

Refers to spent cartridge being ejected out the top at a slightly right hand angle instead of straight up like the traditional design. Aids in scope mounting, but I like it because it clears empties out of my line of sight and keeps them from beaning me on the head or slipping down my shirt. Hot brass hurts!

Guess I should add that if you will get ya a honest to goodness, horse trough formed, 5 inch brimmed, felt Stetson, you wouldn't have to worry about hot brass going down your collar. Besides it would match your rifle real good.

When I wear a cowboy hat, I look like a monkey trying to :censored: a football. :rolleyes2

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my lever out this weekend and my 8 yr old shot it more than me! I'm going to have to watch that little kid. He's eyeing several of my guns. :lookaroun

I've got one like this but it is the 16" trapper in 38 spl. Shoots quite nice!

[Broken External Image]

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She's a beauty. Henry, right?

The Henry rifle was intro'd in 1860 and didn't have a wood forward stock. It was also loaded differently than the later models. Oliver Winchester worked for company at the time and improved the receiver for side loading. The actions of these two rifles are not able to withstand powerful loads and were originally chambered for the 44 Henry rimfire bit the repros are available in 38 SPL, 44-40, and 45 Colt. Most (if not all) of the repros are made by Uberti.

Latest posts

Top Bottom