*sigh* I'll probably regret this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOULD GED GIVE THE AR-15 ANOTHER CHANCE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel the levergun is still a very viable fighting gun. I also believe that modern technology has only made the lever gun more viable.

In my opinion, this is the ideal social levergun, and is close to where mine is right now...

[Broken External Image]

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel the levergun is still a very viable fighting gun. I also believe that modern technology has only made the lever gun more viable.

In my opinion, this is the ideal social levergun, and is close to where mine is right now...

[Broken External Image]

whoa thats kinda cool but really weird to look at at the same time.

:uhh:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

You oughta be ashamed of yourself! :slap:

How could somebody do that to a Marlin? :pissed:

Leave the synthetic stocks and rails for the ARs. :rolleyes2

Is nothing sacred anymore? :anyone:

Next thang ya know, somebody will come along and do a remake of the John Wayne masterpiece, True Grit! :ugh2:

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the shotgun is a ridiculous piece, as there are better options. I dont feel the coach gun is a viable concept anymore. That being said, the rails DO offer increased capabilities, and I dont see that as a bad thing at all.

As for the Smith, I think the Aimpoint is too large for the package. Subsitute the Comp for a Docter or Trijicon RMR type optic, like on the Stoeger, and I think its a hell of a gun for HD type use.

What, exactly, are the downsides to these ideas? They make the gun work better....

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing. Sacrificing ability for aesthetics is, at best, foolhardy.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'd be a real shame to sell that levergun for something mass produced and entirely replaceable, IMO. I say poke a few bucks away here and there and get the AR when you can at the best price available, be it a CMMG bargain bin gun or DPMS or whatever.

Just a thought, but isn't LE one of the few applications that genuinely justifies the cost of the quality differences in the top tier AR's anyway? When your life depends on it you may not want the phrase "bargain bin" associated with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom