*sigh* I'll probably regret this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOULD GED GIVE THE AR-15 ANOTHER CHANCE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the shotgun is a ridiculous piece, as there are better options. I dont feel the coach gun is a viable concept anymore. That being said, the rails DO offer increased capabilities, and I dont see that as a bad thing at all.

As for the Smith, I think the Aimpoint is too large for the package. Subsitute the Comp for a Docter or Trijicon RMR type optic, like on the Stoeger, and I think its a hell of a gun for HD type use.

What, exactly, are the downsides to these ideas? They make the gun work better....

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing. Sacrificing ability for aesthetics is, at best, foolhardy.

Words from a guy who totes a 1911 for duty use. :rolleyes2

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey GED, just keep the lever gun. stash any extra cash uc an and after u buy the AR claim it on ur taxes as work related item.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent carried a 1911 in a few months now....

That being said, my 1911 has a rail with a tac light, night sights, etc.... Another example of modern technology enhancing older designs. Your point would have had merit if I carried a Colt WW1 Repro....

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED keep your lever gun.........

Thanks Old Fart - I think I will. :thumb:

Well, the house is defintely divided on this one.

27-27.

I think I'll just keep my antiques and make do. ;)

If it was good enough for the Duke, it's good enough for me. :respect:

Mods, please close this thread before the mud slingin' starts. I think I've made my decision. :wave:

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I feel the levergun is still a very viable fighting gun. I also believe that modern technology has only made the lever gun more viable.

In my opinion, this is the ideal social levergun, and is close to where mine is right now...

[Broken External Image]

Oh my......I think I want one...... but can't figure out why.

Thats beautiful

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey, GED, you know my vote, BUT, bottome line whatever lead slinger you go with, get comfortable in your ability with it, bottom line.

I know a guy who would probably do better in combat withhis 30-30 than most would with their tacticool guns, just because he has actually spent time with it, and knows it like an extension of his arm.

Hey, I shoot a fancy AR, but guess what, I got outshot on some stages at the rifle match by a kid who knows how to run a Garand. Bottom line is be good with it, or leave it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom