*sigh* I'll probably regret this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOULD GED GIVE THE AR-15 ANOTHER CHANCE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say one of each, but if I was you I'd keep your cowboy guns. They make you happy.

Yes, indeed they do. :)

There's just something about iron and wood, ya know? Like I've said before, it would be a downright shame to let this Winchester go. I've been on the hunt for it since I was a kid. Hell, I used to pretend my Red Ryder was a Winchester. I would cock it and then twirl it just like Rooster Cogburn.

However...

I'm afraid as I get older and the criminals get younger, I'm starting to feel a little outgunned. When I had my AR before, it used to ride in the patrol car with me. Now my Mossberg 590 does. That's still some impressive weaponry, but only to an extent. With today's bad guys, you gotta even the odds. And nowadays, we are starting to see more and more thugs with bigger guns than us. :bah:

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm afraid as I get older and the criminals get younger, I'm starting to feel a little outgunned. When I had my AR before, it used to ride in the patrol car with me. Now my Mossberg 590 does. That's still some impressive weaponry, but only to an extent. With today's bad guys, you gotta even the odds. And nowadays, we are starting to see more and more thugs with bigger guns than us. :bah:

Well, then tools first, toys later, it sucks sometimes but that's the best rule of thumb.

Meh, just get an M1 Garand.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you and I have spoken about this a while back, and I think I gave you my feelings on the subject. If it is something that will actually bring your comfort and security level to the next level without regret later, it is something that your finances can handle, and you have done the research and this is the weapon that you want then buy it.

But if those factors are not in place, then it may not be the right dissension at this time which may take some more soul searching on your part. The other thing we talked about is that we are not getting any younger either, so sometimes these choices are ones that we need to consider while we still can.

Just my 2 cents

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you and I have spoken about this a while back, and I think I gave you my feelings on the subject. If it is something that will actually bring your comfort and security level to the next level without regret later, it is something that your finances can handle, and you have done the research and this is the weapon that you want then buy it.

But if those factors are not in place, then it may not be the right dissension at this time which may take some more soul searching on your part. The other thing we talked about is that we are not getting any younger either, so sometimes these choices are ones that we need to consider while we still can.

Just my 2 cents

You jackass! :smack: You're the very reason I'm even talking about this! :slap: It was YOUR classified ad that made me start thinking about ARs all over again!!! :pissed:

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73169

I'm just kidding dude! :pms2:

But it IS your ad...your FANTASTIC HOLIDAY SALE...so it IS your fault, nevertheless. :grumble:

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, long day at the show room, I have had one customer after another today. You should have called me, for you I would make it $765. But only for you! That is because you have the (C's ) to call me a Jack ass, you remember what you saw me do to the last guy that call me that, he did not walk away. But I am not violent any more, I am not violent any more , I am not violent any more, But heck yea only you could have that special deal.

Mark

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is time to show your commie side G.E.D.

Blonde
ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa91_sway3381_DSC00614.jpg

Brunette
ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e8_ak47nut_SLR107FR_20LAMINATED_1_laminate5a1.jpg

Redhead
[Broken External Image]

and one for you
[Broken External Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom