*sigh* I'll probably regret this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOULD GED GIVE THE AR-15 ANOTHER CHANCE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Tough choice. But I'd say keep the gun you have, and save up for the AR. Or, sell the fancy lever gun, but a basic Marlin lever for ~$300 or so, and use the rest as seed money towards saving up for the AR. If you cut a donut and coke out everyday, you'd have the rest of the money in 6 months or so.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to get off subject, just move it to the side and let Even consider other options. One thing I have had my eye on lately is the CMP Program, and possibly bidding on a Bavaria Game Warden, or Municipal Police or Border Police M1 Carbine, or a Para trooper M1 Carbine, those are some very sweet rifles with some history. And they do make a bigger hole and very fun to shoot. I do not know if they will let you carry one in your curser, you may have said they did earlier in your post or told me at one time.

I work for a very open minded agency. I can carry a flintlock if I want to.

I just figured I would be like everybody else and go with the AR platform.

However, that M1A SOCOM is looking mighty sexy! :naughty:

As for the M1 Carbine? I had one once upon a time. Didn't care for it. :disappoin

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Consider they are very accurate, bigger hole, and they are heavy to carry compared to the AR15 for a distance, but that should not matter because you are in shape . In my opinion I feel the M14 is one of the best, there is a reason, we keep comming back to that rifle.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough choice. But I'd say keep the gun you have, and save up for the AR. Or, sell the fancy lever gun, but a basic Marlin lever for ~$300 or so, and use the rest as seed money towards saving up for the AR. If you cut a donut and coke out everyday, you'd have the rest of the money in 6 months or so.

Actually, a plain ol' run of the mill lever gun doesn't do a thang for me. :disappoin The only reason I have the Winchester is because of the large bow lever.

And ex-nay on the onut-day, blasphemer! :smack:

I am sorry, I did not know the M14 was in the equation, I vote for the M14!

No...it's not really. I mean, if I had the funds, it would definitely be my weapon of choice, but there's no way in hell I could ever afford one. :cry3:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even though they are expensive, and probably priced way to high, I'm looking at an M1A Scout, not the little SOCOM, as my next purchase.

As I said before, keep the levergun an SXS. The lever will complement your 590 well, and the SXS will work for the home. If you really feel the need for an AR platform, save for it, don't sell your other toy's!!!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't someone recent post a Polytech M1A/M-14 for under a grand?

Yeah, goodoleboy has/had one for $950...but it's a full sized M1A.

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_m14s001.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_m14s002.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_m14s003.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_m14s004.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_m14s005.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_m14s006.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_m14s007.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_m14s008.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even though they are expensive, and probably priced way to high, I'm looking at an M1A Scout, not the little SOCOM, as my next purchase.

As I said before, keep the levergun an SXS. The lever will complement your 590 well, and the SXS will work for the home. If you really feel the need for an AR platform, save for it, don't sell your other toy's!!!!

Chances are, I won't. :disappoin

My love affair for the AR platform isn't that strong, but for some reason it has been rekindled.

But I do so love me cowboy long guns! :heart: :heart:

I really should just save up for a Schofield instead of a damned ol' plastic AR.

I dunno...I'm just in a world of ****. :screwy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom