*sigh* I'll probably regret this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOULD GED GIVE THE AR-15 ANOTHER CHANCE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Iron and Wood, I would keep the Lever gun. If you need a different social/work rifle I'd look at a CZ 527 carbine in 223.
[Broken External Image]

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Iron and wood also so that is why I built this. (Should I say aluminium and Walnut)

ai50.tinypic.com_121v7m1.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason I posted the M1A Scout is because of the "iron and wood" and "feeling outgunned" comments. :hey3:

Yeah, I know. The M1A/M14 is an awesome weapon. Like I said, if I had the funds, I'd own one.

Maybe someday. :rolleyes2

I'm just one of them goobers who's never satisfied with my weaponry. I don't know if it's a "better, stronger, faster" thing with me or if I just get bored. I DO know, that after 20 + years of totin' a pistol and being around firearms, I've just about lost the taste for ALL of it.

Yeah...I know. :bigeye: :ooh2: :yikes2:

I've always been the kind of gun owner who uses firearms as more than just pleasureable things...toys, if you will...my firearms have been more like tools to me than toys. The only "safe queen" I own, is my dad's old Smith & Wesson "Victory" model, .38 Special revolver. It gets shot a little bit, but not much. I mean...I don't shoot nearly as much as many of you and I damn sure don't shoot enough to keep my skills as sharp as I'd like and as much that's required for my chosen profession in law enforcement.

I guess it's because shooting a pistol and a scattergun comes very natural to me. The last time we qualified with sides and shotgun was around the last of April. I shot a 94% with the Glock 22 and with my Mossberg 590, I shot a 90% with Buckshot and a 98% with slugs. I haven't done any "serious" shooting since then. Oh, I've played around and shot a box of shells here and there, but as far as real TRAINING, no. But...I'm confident that I could go to the range right now and shoot a score of around 92-96 percent. It just comes natural to me...I dunno what it is. :scratch:

Maybe I should quit sitting in front of a dad-gum computer and get out there and burn some lead, huh? :gun1:

Anyway...

The Winchester and the SxS bring me pleasure to just sit and admire.

But that doesn't help me with my job as a policeman. :disappoin

Does this make sense to anybody?

Like Mitch said, "tools before toys."

I dunno...we'll see. :selfangel

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a bolt action? Seems like no one considers them anymore. If even 1 officer involved in that North Hollywood shootout had an $89 nagant in his trunk, it could have been over as soon as that guy arrived on the scene. Granted I'd rather have a semi auto in my trunk, maybe a Remington 700 or Savage might be a compromise you can live with.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about a bolt action? Seems like no one considers them anymore. If even 1 officer involved in that North Hollywood shootout had an $89 nagant in his trunk, it could have been over as soon as that guy arrived on the scene. Granted I'd rather have a semi auto in my trunk, maybe a Remington 700 or Savage might be a compromise you can live with.

Nah! I've got no use for a bolt action. :disappoin

The main reason for my decision is to throw a lot of lead downrange in a swift fashion.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say keep em all! Save up and get the AR. Man can never have too many guns. Go out and play John Wayne (RIP Brother) one day, and bad azz modern man the next. Get the best of both worlds.
I did see an ad in a magazine where you can get a picatinney rail to go under and between the barrels for a remote light to make your coach gun tacticool:D

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah! I've got no use for a bolt action. :disappoin

The main reason for my decision is to throw a lot of lead downrange in a swift fashion.

Hey now, depending on the caliber, you could be putting out 4x as much lead per shot, very cheaply and accurately. I know you've said before that you're no rifleman, but still its something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom