*sigh* I'll probably regret this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOULD GED GIVE THE AR-15 ANOTHER CHANCE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Levergun may not have the capacity of the AR, but in the right hands is as lethal if not more so than the AR. One well placed shot of 30-30 is going to have imediate results!

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Levergun may not have the capacity of the AR, but in the right hands is as lethal if not more so than the AR. One well placed shot of 30-30 is going to have imediate results!

Here in Pontotoc Co, Sheriff Glase carried a 30-30 lever gun and either a 1911 or a S&W 25 in 45LC most of his time of service.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say keep em all! Save up and get the AR. Man can never have too many guns. Go out and play John Wayne (RIP Brother) one day, and bad azz modern man the next. Get the best of both worlds.
I did see an ad in a magazine where you can get a picatinney rail to go under and between the barrels for a remote light to make your coach gun tacticool:D

More blasphemy! What's this world coming to? A pic rail on a SxS... :grumble:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I don't even know what to vote for - I'm all about using an AR in unpopular tasks, but that's a bad ass lever gun man.

I'd say get the one you're going to shoot like Rob said - I didn't shoot my "show guns" for a long time as well and recently I've caught myself dragging my AR around and climbing a tree with it banging around, getting it dirty, and getting my guns out in the rain (it is a pain in the ass to clean afterward because I'm super-paranoid about rust so I have to tear them completely down) - I know that the parts I used are quality enough to handle whatever I throw at them and its actually kind of comforting to use them and not worry about keeping them pretty.

When it comes down to it - .223 is about the cheapest thing you can shoot in a non-AK platform (barring the 7.62x39 ARs and what not).

I'd almost say to build one the way you want it - I'm sure there are more than enough people to help you with the assembly and what not.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More blasphemy! What's this world coming to? A pic rail on a SxS... :grumble:

If I remember right, they also offered a rail for the top where a red dot could be mounted...:D

Think about it.....if Doc Holliday was coming for you and you looked down and a red dot was on your chest, and a blinding light was in your eyes, would the gunfight at the OK corral have ever happened?

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give in to your darkside G.E.D.

The commies are calling.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v470_Dump1567_IM006567_edited.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom