Silly hapening in a drive thru

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran through the Freddie's drive through for a quick burger.. Guy in front of me gave the gal a credit or debit card and looked like it was denied. She gave the card back and he fished out cash. Can't imagine what it must feel like getting your card denied for an 8.00 hamburger.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya....**** happens some times. I've had my account locked a time or two because somehow my card # was on a list of accounts that were compromised. A denied card doesn't always equal being broke, and even if that was the case, being broke can happen to the best of us sometimes.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ran through the Freddie's drive through for a quick burger.. Guy in front of me gave the gal a credit or debit card and looked like it was denied. She gave the card back and he fished out cash. Can't imagine what it must feel like getting your card denied for an 8.00 hamburger.

Been there, done that, was embarrassed as can be about it. Sometimes you just aren't the best at managing your money and you get to feel the burning heat of embarrassment that comes with this happening. Luckily, for the most part, I'm better with my money these days.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many times it isnt the cardholders fault and most people now days dont carry any cash on them just uses a card, me, I always have cash on me for those unexpected times when either they dont take cards or the bank messes up, it happened the other day to my daughter at wally world and even thou she told them it was a debit card they ran it as a credit and was denied and the bank tried to charge her a insufficent fund charge but after looking at her account and finding she had well more than enough to cover her debit card they canceled the insufficent fund charge.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Running a debit as a credit card shouldn't amount to a hill of beans except it becomes an offline transaction and may take two or three days potentially to settle and hit your checking account instead of near real time with a debit/PIN transaction. Is the delay hitting the account what caused the NSF? If so, that's not the bank or merchant's fault.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had mine denied at a fast food place because I had hit my daily limit from buying an iPad and some other things earlier that day. Matter of fact, I had the bank president authorize an increase on my daily limit from $1,000 to $2,500. Having it set at $1,000 a day was cramping my style way too often. So being denied for w small amount doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your bank account balance.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Well let us all bow down to your superiority in the financial arena.
Not everyone is made of money, or maybe he just forgot about a bill that comes out automatically and failed to adjust money to the proper account in time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom