SiriusXM Sued for How Hard it is to Cancel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've found that it's actually pretty easy to cancel SiriusXM service--if you stop paying for it, they'll eventually stop giving it to you.

It's funny how their terms of service say if you subscribe online you can cancel online, but apparently if you originally didn't subscribe online (say, because your vehicle came with six months of service), let your subscription lapse, then resubscribed online, they don't consider that subscribing online, because they don't give me an option to cancel online. As a result, I use a virtual credit card with a super low monthly limit, so when they jack the rate at the end of the promotional period, the charge is automatically declined.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have SiriusXM down to an art. Get the free 6 months on buying a new vehicle. When it comes time to pay the piper, my wife gets on the phone to negotiate. We've never paid more than $70 for a years service for my truck. Her Kia was allowed to expire as we don't drive it 6-7 months of the year while we are out on the road. They kept sending her letters finally getting it down to $5 a month. We use that letter as leverage to get the phone guys down to that pay level.
She loves negotiating. I've seen some vendors of T-shirt shops just about ready to roll up in the fetal position before she finally gets the price she is looking for in some of the tourist traps.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran into trouble cancelling my mother's account after she passed. The person I got on the phone was obviously not in this country. The girl kept offering me all kinds of discounts and extended service even after I had explained that it was no longer needed. Finally, I said "Lady, she's dead. She doesn't need the car radio anymore."

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have SiriusXM down to an art. Get the free 6 months on buying a new vehicle. When it comes time to pay the piper, my wife gets on the phone to negotiate. We've never paid more than $70 for a years service for my truck. Her Kia was allowed to expire as we don't drive it 6-7 months of the year while we are out on the road. They kept sending her letters finally getting it down to $5 a month. We use that letter as leverage to get the phone guys down to that pay level.
She loves negotiating. I've seen some vendors of T-shirt shops just about ready to roll up in the fetal position before she finally gets the price she is looking for in some of the tourist traps.

Yup. I do that same. Log into my account and send a chat message to cancel due to the price being high. I am offered $5 a month for a year. Rinse and repeat every year.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They've often sent me material wanting me t subscribe but I never did since I rarely listen to he car radio anyway. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom