SKS newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
all gun collections deserve at least one sks rifle. Especially if you are age 40 plus and say you can remember them being 79.99, and 1200 round cases of ammo for 99.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are patient, you can still find deals. I picked up a paratrooper last year for around $150 that was missing the guide rod. $15 later it was a shooter.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Whats so difficult about cosmoline, you cant just drop it in some bucket of solvent like gasoline for a few minutes?

I put mine in a goat trough with gasoline. Let it soak for a day. Wiped it off with a towel the next. Worked really good. Luckily my stock wasn't cosmolined up so I didn't have to deal with that. I ended up putting a Tapco stock on it though...

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The metal's not hard to clean, if you have a gallon or two of solvent and a container to put the metal into. The stock, if it's saturated, is another matter altogether. Clean one up to your satisfaction today (Feb 11) and then take it out for a good shoot on July the 4th and you'll see what I mean. They can bleed cosmoline for months if you don't do the deal right to begin with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom