Sleeping with your gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have been empty nesters about a year now since the last kid went off to school. It is so liberating now vs how you have to keep most of your guns locked up with young kids around. They still live in the safe, but I also keep more out now than I used to when I'm home. If that makes sense.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have been empty nesters about a year now since the last kid went off to school. It is so liberating now vs how you have to have to keep most of your guns locked up with young kids around. They still live in the safe, but I also keep more out now than I used to when I'm home. If that makes sense.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.
Yep, no kids at home anymore and living in the sticks. I don't worry about caliber/velocity/ammo restrictions.
Full power magnum baby!

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to sleep with my pistol on the headboard thinking I would wake up if someone came in the room. I was proven wrong when a 20 year old guy my daughter was seeing decided he wanted my gun. I woke up at 4am to get ready for work and realized it was gone. After searching the house, I called the sheriff and reported it stolen. This guy was wondering around the house, and I found some of my stuff in my daughters truck. When I confronted him, he promised he didn't take. After 3 hours of telling him to just give it back and never come back, I called the sheriff again. While still on the phone with the sheriffs office, he shot himself in the head in front of both my daughters.

Now, it's in a holster under the pillow. DON"T under estimate how light you sleep!!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to sleep with my pistol on the headboard thinking I would wake up if someone came in the room. I was proven wrong when a 20 year old guy my daughter was seeing decided he wanted my gun. I woke up at 4am to get ready for work and realized it was gone. After searching the house, I called the sheriff and reported it stolen. This guy was wondering around the house, and I found some of my stuff in my daughters truck. When I confronted him, he promised he didn't take. After 3 hours of telling him to just give it back and never come back, I called the sheriff again. While still on the phone with the sheriffs office, he shot himself in the head in front of both my daughters.

Now, it's in a holster under the pillow. DON"T under estimate how light you sleep!!

JEBUS!!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it's only my wife and I the worry of some numbskull getting my pistol is low. And the trained noisemaker will bark like a raving lunatic if someone comes in the house invited or not.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a gun in reach 24/7. Itas only a .22 on my bedside table for now but thats better than nothing. But I also have a .44 mag 3 steps away thats hidden because I dont want it stolen. The .22 could get stolen and I wouldnt care near as much.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't slept with one in bed since my days in the Army.
Then, had to sleep with an M16 and 45 in my sleeping bag.

Never leave the bolt in the open position in that situation!!!

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom