Sleeping with your gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My FN TPS usually sleeps standing up in the corner next to my bed, and there's usually at least one pistol in my nightstand, as well as one in my wife's. I also keep some in various places throughout the house.

We believe in them being within reach. :D

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been putting my 637 on the floor next to my bed in my ankle holster at night. Any real concerns to having a gun in the open? I'm not really sure someone taking it while you're sleeping is even a thing since you're probably screwed if they got all the way in your room without you waking up.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pocket .380 some days, on the night stand when not carrying and at night. IWB 1911 in the day sometimes, on the floor out of the holster where I can reach down at night. Rem 870 at the door to the deck just off the side of the bed. Skunks and critters come around at night, haul them them off in the morning if the buzzards do not get to them first. Wifey has .38 on her side of the headboard.

Had a Buffalo in my back yard once in the daytime. Did not seem to be rabid. Wildlife took care of him with a tranquilizer and hauled him off. Fortunately Have not had to take up my neighbors offer of needing to use his backhoe late some night to dig up a new garden area if needed. Nice to have thoughtful neighbors

Latest posts

Top Bottom