Slidefire vs. Fostech bump-fire stocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good meeting you, Perplexed, and muchos gracias for letting me do a mag dump! Any idea of RPM the bumpfires are putting out?

Likewise, and thanks for letting me run a few shells through your SBS! I suspect the cyclic rate is going to vary depending on spring strength, buffer weight, etc. I figure the AR you tried probably cranks out 380-420 rpm, using my videos as a rough guide.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was not the Fostech guy. It was the guy that sold them his patent. He was cheesed off because I said I wanted to make one for myself. I don't think he was representing the company.

The Fostech looks like a tighter, better made product. Not cheap, but oodles cheaper than any gun that will come with a $200 stamp. They seem nice enough. I called them with a lot of questions. As I read it, they are currently taking Slidefire to court for patent infringement, although Slidefire's patent was approved.

I am still going to make one for myself. Prettier, I hope. Just gotta find the time.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was not the Fostech guy. It was the guy that sold them his patent. He was cheesed off because I said I wanted to make one for myself. I don't think he was representing the company.

The Fostech looks like a tighter, better made product. Not cheap, but oodles cheaper than any gun that will come with a $200 stamp. They seem nice enough. I called them with a lot of questions. As I read it, they are currently taking Slidefire to court for patent infringement, although Slidefire's patent was approved.

I am still going to make one for myself. Prettier, I hope. Just gotta find the time.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree, the Fostech stock is definitely better made than the Slidefire stock. However, it's not as adjustable, and its advertised ability to accept other AR pistol grips was sadly lacking, in my experience. Sure, I can file down the sides of the mounting pad on the stock so it'll fit into the groove in the top of an aftermarket grip, but that's not what the company claims. Those issues plus the astronomical cost (even though I didn't pay retail) would have me giving the Gen 2 Slidefire stock a harder look.

If you machine your own bump-fire stock, please post pics and maybe consider "gifts" of duplicates of your stock :wink2:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I stand corrected

skyrebecca

New to the site!
Reaction score
I know this thread is over a year old, but I would like to share some of our experience, my entire family shoot bump fire, we have one Fostech and 4 Slide Fire stocks.

Personally, I don't like the Fostech stock's installation, not that it is a bad product, just the steps are bit more convoluted for my taste.

Slide Fire stocks, on the other hand, are easy and straight forward. Two of our Slide Fire stocks are the original, and two are the SBS model. I personally prefer the SS's wide polymer sleeve over the recoil buffer tube, it is great to function as a cheek rest, regardless of the weather and temperature. The Fostech would need padding under extreme weather conditions.

On fire control, the Slide Fire seemed a little bumpy at first on my AR, then we found out my rifle's buffer tube was not perfectly aligned, once it is aligned (by swapped out the lower which was a polymer --> I was trying to save the cost, so my husband and kids can have the aluminum lowers), the system functioned flawlessly.

We use PSA's FN double chromed barrels, FA BCGs, and OPS 416 gas piston systems. The OPS 416 from Osprey Defense was easy to install, have fewer parts than direct gas impingement, and we have not had a single failure after 10's of 1,000s rounds. And they are easy to clean, since I had to do a great deal of cleaning for the younger kids, I can not stress more on how easy it is to clean the ARs with OPS 416 gas piston.

IMO, the gas piston is a must for the bump fire stocks.
We also like the MWG 90 rd snail drum, as it allows loading by 10 rd stripper clips , also for you heavy duty bump fire fans, the Cammenga Easy Magazines are a must if you are tired bumping your thumb against each round you have to load into the mag.

Here is a video to demo how easy it is to load with the Cammenga Easy Mags:

Notice the loader in the above video only grab two rounds at a time into the magazine, in my experience, I can grab 4-5 rounds from the ammo box and deposit the rounds to the Easy Mags fairly fast, I can load a 30 round Easy Mag in about 14 seconds.

Here is a review of the MWG 90rd snail drum:

The reason I mention the ease of loading is because as a mom, I may not have to do much of cleaning with the gas piston, I still have to do a great deal of loading, and it can get really tiring after awhile, not to mention a royal pain in the thumb.

Here is a demo of MWG Snail Drum with Slide Fire stock

As for people complaining about the MWG Snail Drum comes in the way of the hand guard grip, my husband showed me how to circumvent that problem, as in the way of the SWS gunners, you can add a pistol grip on the left hand of your quad rail, and the MWG+bump fire stock can be a real fun configuration to shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom