Small first aid kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you guys suggest to put in a small kit. I picked up a 5.11 3.6 med pouch to put on my back pack (I'll be using this as a diaper bag/toddler day bag in the future). It's a smaller pouch but I'm just planning on small day to day activities not back woods getting mauled by a bear activities.

So far I was thinking.
Assorted band aids
Gauze (pads and rolls)
Anti Bactrial cream
Alcohol prep pads
Assorted medicines (tums, Advil, ect.)

Any input?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would you guys suggest to put in a small kit. I picked up a 5.11 3.6 med pouch to put on my back pack (I'll be using this as a diaper bag/toddler day bag in the future). It's a smaller pouch but I'm just planning on small day to day activities not back woods getting mauled by a bear activities.

So far I was thinking.
Assorted band aids
Gauze (pads and rolls)
Anti Bactrial cream
Alcohol prep pads
Assorted medicines (tums, Advil, ect.)

Any input?

I have one for my backpack that includes that stuff that stops bleeding from a big wound. Can't remember what the name is. I'm sure somebody here does.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quick clot or a maxi pad........seriously, makes a good fire too in a pinch.

I have no experience with quick clot, but the maxi pads work great. I keep a ziplock bag under the seat of my truck, to keep them semi sterile, with several in it.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ace bandage can be used to secure a pressure bandage. So can the self sticky wrap stuff like they wrap around your arm after you give blood. Obviously I don't know the name of it.

As said, a maxi pad has multiple uses. So do Tampons.

3/2ACR Vet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ace bandage can be used to secure a pressure bandage. So can the self sticky wrap stuff like they wrap around your arm after you give blood. Obviously I don't know the name of it.

As said, a maxi pad has multiple uses. So do Tampons.

Vetrap self adhering bandage. Available from Tractor Supply and other farm and ranch stores.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/3m-vetrap-bandaging-tape-4-in-x-5-yd-black?cm_vc=-10005

The trade name for the self adhering medical wrap is Coban.

Don't waste your money. Coban is the exact same stuff as Vetwrap, only like 3x the price, and "flesh" colored.
Plus you can get a whole lot more variety in width with Vetwrap.

3/2ACR Vet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quikclot is great to have, assuming you treat it as it is meant to be used.

If the wound is bad enough to require a tourniquet, and you can't put one on/don't have one, then Quikclot is your go-to item.

Anything less than that, and it can possibly do more harm than good. It tends to fuse the bandage to the wound, which can be nasty if you don't have the ability to get to medical facilities promptly

Latest posts

Top Bottom