Small folding pocket knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a small (under 3" blade), light folding pocket knife for every day carry. More of an all around utility knife instead of a self defense tool. Would like opinions on "absolute best" and "best for the buck". Thanks, Jack

Rick W

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the Gerber LST. They are very good knives.
If you want a knife that is smaller, the Gerber Ultralite LST is so compact and lightweight that it is practically weightless in your pocket. I carried one for years.
Rick W

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
spyderco UK pen knife, slipjoint, completely ambidextrous, pocket clip, wide 2" blade, one hand opening. pretty handy.

if you can find one, a u.s. made schrade 33ot for a more traditional folder.

Dale Atkerson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always recomend a custom if budget allows. Great Eastern Cutlery is the best factory around. But a tight budget can't go wrong with a Case. You can usally pick up a nice clean used one at a gun show or pawn shop for $20-25.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a small (under 3" blade), light folding pocket knife for every day carry. More of an all around utility knife instead of a self defense tool. Would like opinions on "absolute best" and "best for the buck". Thanks, Jack

I'm a big fan of the kershaw line. The cryo is small (mid-range on the weight issue). The kershaw swerve is 3 inches, $20 and a great utility knife with speed assist. Maybe a bit on the thicker side, but overall a good knife that be abused and lost without much concern. spyderco persistence is also a good one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom