Small Project I finished Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I finally finished my benches in my shop and decided to do a small project with some exotic wood!

IMGUR link here: http://imgur.com/a/YvEWw

For all the old farts: Killswitch Engage is a metal band that you probably wouldn't like, but that doesn't matter much.
I used Patagonian Rosewood aka Curupay aka Cebil (http://www.wood-database.com/cebil/). It is extremely dense and hard. It supposedly dulls blades very fast and will almost take a glass finish if sanded well and sealed. I just lacquered it, It still came out pretty decent. I literally twisted apart two eyelets and drill bit in thee stuff though. Ridiculous. Would probably make for great turning stock and I'm pretty sure its a true rosewood by that characteristic rose smell while being cut.

Since it's a metal band's poster I HAD to use metal in thee bill. There's no nails, just two eyelets to hand from and some staples. Its all held together with the aluminum splines and epoxy.

I got the wood from Woodcraft and total cost for the project is probably around $30 including the hardwood.

i.imgur.com_5hkya9b.jpg

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't care for the artwork, but I really like your design and choice of wood and finish. Very Nice!

Thanks! the poster is personal taste, of course, but I'm glad all the tones and colors mesh like they do. In hindsight, I should have rabbitted the back of the frame. Oh well, this is literally the first frame I've ever done.

Wow. Your work space is so..... clean.
I'm envious.

Oh yeah, nice frame work too!

Thanks! I think its messy haha! I'm going to be working on shelving and drawers here pretty soon and then it'll be REALLY clean...hopefully.

Latest posts

Top Bottom