Smith & Wesson 360PD (.357mag)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy,
Just wanted to know you guys and gals thoughts, pros, cons, etc on this revolver.
One thing we can agree on is that it's expensive.
Have an opportunity to possibly purchase one, but am having doubts.
Is the scandium metal alloy really worth an additional $?
What other types of snubbies you recommend?

As always thank you and God bless!!!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. It’s small, lightweight and easy to carry. When you get it, shoot a full box of 50 factory .357 magnums through it and come back and tell us what you think.
If 357 in that lightweight is on any comparable level as 454 Casull in the Raging Judge "DONT DO IT"!!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the gun, like the thought of the gun. However, if you look at the ballistics of a .357 out of that barrel, you may be less than impressed. Seems to me .357 needs 3" barrels at least. IMO.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If 357 in that lightweight is on any comparable level as 454 Casull in the Raging Judge "DONT DO IT"!!!
The beauty of a 357 is you can always shoot 38’s in it.:anyone:

I’ve carried a j frame Smith on and off since the mid 90’s, and I’ve recently gone back to carrying one...a pre lock 442. It’s light, easily concealable, and 100% reliable. What’s not to love?:thumb:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they're pretty cool, definitely on my want list. The J frame is a little small on my hands, and while the lightweight frame is nice to carry, it isnt all that much fun to shoot. If I were to offer another snubby to consider, I would suggest the Ruger SP101 in 357. Its definitely heavier(almost double the weight), and a tiny bit bigger, but its a joy to shoot, esp with aftermarket grips, and built like a tank. There's also no lock built in and its still super easy to conceal. If you aren't looking for an ankle gun or something to throw in your gym shorts I say the SP101 is the way to go. If I were to buy a smith snubby I would be wanting to buy a Model 66 or the model 327, but they're k and n frames, respectively.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/ruger-sp101-2-25-vs-smith-wesson-model-637

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the gun, like the thought of the gun. However, if you look at the ballistics of a .357 out of that barrel, you may be less than impressed. Seems to me .357 needs 3" barrels at least. IMO.

The snubbie was never intended to be a ballistically efficient firearm. It’s better know as an “armpit gun”. If you get into a close violent encounter, shove it under the armpit of the other person and start pulling the trigger.

With the PD 360, it will penetrate, cauterize the wound and make both parties deaf all at the same time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom