Sned an email to your elected officials via NRA-ILA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent this to all my Congressional representatives today.

"I am writing you to express my view on the much anticipated gun control legislation, most likely in the form of the Senate Bill that Dianne Feinstein has stated she has been working on for the last year.

While the Sandy Hook shooting, and similar shootings that we read about, was very tragic, I am very concerned about any additional gun control legislation. Today there are approximately twenty thousand gun laws on record, each designed to "protect" the general populous. As a law abiding citizen I follow these laws emphatically but evil exists and evil does not, and will not, follow these laws. The desire by some to further restrict our God given right, which was confirmed Constitutionally by the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights, is extremely offensive. Further restrictions will accomplish nothing other than eroding our rights, providing additional advantage for evil, and taking away our ability to protect ourselves from evil. Much of what is being talked about has already been tried and it did nothing to prevent violent crime or to protect us as citizens. The same people that desire to restrict our God given rights are hypocritical in that they are well protected 24/7 by well armed security details.

As our representative in Congress, tasked with representing the people of your district and upholding the Constitution of the United States, I urge you to reject ANY additional gun control legislation. My commitment to you is to continue to uphold existing laws and support you as my representative assuming you reject additional gun control proposals. Should you decide to support any additional gun control legislation, my commitment will be to support any future election opponent and work to have you voted out of office. I have significant respect for you and what you have done for the people of your district but gun control is a "non-starter" issue for me. While I prefer not to, I will be a single issue voter in upcoming elections.

Thank you for the great work that you do,
Sam Anderson"

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sent some letters as well...I do suggest that you take the time to write your own words and not go the copy/paste route. Copy/Paste form letters are generally thought of as SPAM in the Senate offices...write your own and it will have a greater chance or being seen and read.

Latest posts

Top Bottom