Snubbie Fan's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V1K1NG0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good post I carry my 642 (Buffalo Bore standard 38 spcl 158 gr LSWCHP) and 66 (Buffalo Bore Low recoil 357 mag 158 gr JHP) regularly. Both loads are a handful but I can always find it when I need it.

LDP How do those 200 gr silvertips do for you????

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Where do you find the Federal 158gr SWCHP +P?

I've always kept a good supply on hand, and right before everyone went nuts ammunitiontogo.com had a fairly large supply on hand, so I picked up some more.

As to the rule of changing out your carry ammo often, well I have another outlook on this. I've worked military Ordnance for over 20yrs. I've handled it all from special weapons down to .22lr. I've seen artillery powder that was loaded at the end of WWII that upon testing was still considered serviceable for wartime service. I've seen and used smallarms ammo that was made in the same time period. Now most if not all of this ammo is made by the lowest bidder and it works, so as to the quality of our modern loaded ammunition by the major manufacturers I see it as no better nor worse than what we had on active duty. Plus storing ammunition in proper containers helps out alot. All of mine is stored in MilSpec cans with good seals.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good post I carry my 642 (Buffalo Bore standard 38 spcl 158 gr LSWCHP) and 66 (Buffalo Bore Low recoil 357 mag 158 gr JHP) regularly. Both loads are a handful but I can always find it when I need it.

LDP How do those 200 gr silvertips do for you????

Very mild load, excellent accuracy, and even if it doesn't expand, its still a .44.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone use/carry the .327 Federal Mag? I've been thinking about one of those since it gives you an extra shot and I've heard good things about them. I'd like to know anyone's firsthand experience.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To all the folks who pack snub's and admit it, and all those closet snub fan's. I ask you to look through the following article's written by Steven Camp. Some of you will like his writeup's, and some will think he is totally wrong.
There are other article's on his site that are well worth reading by all on here.
lol
While there are some of his articles that I do disagree with...or maybe I should say: "some points in some of his articles"...they are very few and I can't even name one right off the top of my head.
Those you've posted here are excellent articles with some very good info and valuable advice.
I've read those many times and I actually do find myself referencing them from time to time.;)

I'm a wheelgun freak myself and I really love everything about revolvers, particularly snubbies, but I simply find more comfort in a high-capacity .40 caliber Glock as a primary weapon.
Maybe I'll eventually come around to being comfortable with a six-shooter as a primary weapon, but right now they are relegated to either backup duty or as a primary when "packing light", like when exercising for example.
While I prefer the K-frame (Model 19) in 2.5", and I've carried one on-and-off for a while, more recently I've been using a M36 for backup.
I have a feeling though that the M19 snub is going to make it's way back into the food chain after I settle on a holster I like, as suitable concealment holsters for K-frame snubs ain't exactly easy to come by....

At one time I had a rather nice collection of snubs with main focus on the big-bores. I had 2ea M657s and M629s all in 3" one of each w/ a fluted cylinder and one of each with an unfluted cylinder. As well, I had several 2.5" K frames, including 3 M19s (2 blued, 1 nickel), a M64 factory DAO snub,2 M60s (2" & 3"),M65(s) and a couple of M36s......maybe a couple of others
I also had the occasional non-S&W like the Charters....I bought a used Bulldog Pug in excellent condition last year on the cheap, but I only put a box thru' it before trading it off.
The Charters are obviously nowhere near the quality of the S&Ws but they can be solid workable guns. I've never put a ton of rounds through one to test durability tho'.
I've been wanting to grab another Bulldog Pug in all it's fo-fo glory because it was a great lightweight piece to take running, and that big hole just looks awesome!:) However, there are other snubby "wants" that may supercede that including maybe a .327 if I ever find one I like.

Hell, I'm still sick to my g/d guts over the M19-7 PC K-comp Dad sold out from under me.:puke:
After first seeing and handling it I lusted after the focker and decided I had to have it no matter what. I made him agree to give me dibs on it when he decided to ditch it, but unfortunately he wound up trading it off without telling me.
IIRC, his excuse was something like: "Well, I had to have a lot more out of it than I felt comfortable charging you"....or some ridiculous BS like that.
:rolleyes2
....and at the time I think he got somewhere in the neighborhood of $550-$600 for it!(which included the papers and Aluminum S&W PC case)
Ha! I don't think he had more than four bills in the damn thing!
Have you guys priced one of those lately?
:faint:

Yeah....I still have not let him live that one down, and doubt I will until I finally grab one for myself.:grumble:

Anyone use/carry the .327 Federal Mag? I've been thinking about one of those since it gives you an extra shot and I've heard good things about them. I'd like to know anyone's firsthand experience.
Well, I'm starting to see more .327mag ammo available in the shops so hopefully it'll start making a better appearence before too long.
It's a caliber that has piqued my interest and something that I would like to spend some time experimenting with some day.....an extra round in a j-frame is never a bad thing.;)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've always kept a good supply on hand, and right before everyone went nuts ammunitiontogo.com had a fairly large supply on hand, so I picked up some more.

I thought that might be the case. I'll just have to make the cheap hollowpoints I have now make do until the ammo craze backs off a little. This is still nuts.

As to the rule of changing out your carry ammo often, well I have another outlook on this. I've worked military Ordnance for over 20yrs. I've handled it all from special weapons down to .22lr. I've seen artillery powder that was loaded at the end of WWII that upon testing was still considered serviceable for wartime service. I've seen and used smallarms ammo that was made in the same time period. Now most if not all of this ammo is made by the lowest bidder and it works, so as to the quality of our modern loaded ammunition by the major manufacturers I see it as no better nor worse than what we had on active duty. Plus storing ammunition in proper containers helps out alot. All of mine is stored in MilSpec cans with good seals.

I agree. But what's in the gun is slightly different, it definitely does NOT see proper storage!! Especially with me.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
lol
While there are some of his articles that I do disagree with...or maybe I should say: "some points in some of his articles"...they are very few and I can't even name one right off the top of my head.
Those you've posted here are excellent articles with some very good info and valuable advice.
I've read those many times and I actually do find myself referencing them from time to time.;)

I'm a wheelgun freak myself and I really love everything about revolvers, particularly snubbies, but I simply find more comfort in a high-capacity .40 caliber Glock as a primary weapon.
Maybe I'll eventually come around to being comfortable with a six-shooter as a primary weapon, but right now they are relegated to either backup duty or as a primary when "packing light", like when exercising for example.
While I prefer the K-frame (Model 19) in 2.5", and I've carried one on-and-off for a while, more recently I've been using a M36 for backup.
I have a feeling though that the M19 snub is going to make it's way back into the food chain after I settle on a holster I like, as suitable concealment holsters for K-frame snubs ain't exactly easy to come by....

No crap there! What concealment holsters have you tried?

I don't think a K frame is exactly "light" but whatever. I do carry my 3" GP sometimes. It's a lot more comfortable appendix than an auto is. It's also easy to carry under a tshirt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom