So “The Eyes of Texas” is racist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Revolt on the UT campus. After the OU-Texas game Erlanger ( probably spelled wrong) was the only player to stay on the field and sing the school song, and now half of the band is refusing to play at the Baylor game this week . I’m so glad we have college students to help us understand just how wrong we are.

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most Americans have no F'ing clue how good we have it.

May our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ have mercy upon us and forgive us or sins of forgetting our past and turning away from Him for comfort and worldly goods.

Sooner rather than later I fear we will be wallowing in a pit of despair of our own creation lamenting the fact of how good we "Use to have it" and wondering incredulously why God has forsaken "Us."

"Watch your six, count your rounds, and keep your powder dry."

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The eyes of Texas refers to a ln incident where white students would pluck out the eyes of minorities Back in the newly formed state of Texas.
Or, it’s just a song for cripes sake

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But it's perfectly fine for cheer or dance to perform to parts of Cardi B's WAP at halftime? Don't just google what WAP means. Read the actual lyrics then try and explain with a straight face how The Eyes of Texas is so offensive.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But it's perfectly fine for cheer or dance to perform to parts of Cardi B's WAP at halftime? Don't just google what WAP means. Read the actual lyrics then try and explain with a straight face how The Eyes of Texas is so offensive.

Yeah, I had to look that one up a while back. While some may find it offensive, I think it fully portrays our cultural devolution and descent backwards from what had been mostly a progression towards civilization. Sure is fun to watch though.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they should replace it with a more popular tune performed by minorities? Cardi B's WAP comes to mind as a good representative of the advances we've made since "The Eyes of Texas" was penned.

I had to laugh, How do you know about the WAP song?...… or maybe they should do away with the band.

Latest posts

Top Bottom