So I got pulled over.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were on the side of I-35 when our truck blew the trans seal about 18 months ago. A trooper pulled up, rolled down the window ,and asked me what was wrong. I explained the problem and that we had help on the way and then I told him I was packin' and had a permit. He said"You should have told me before now". He laughed and said "Looks like you got it covered and drove off. He was right.I should have told him first thing.

Hmm... Sounds to me that this was not an arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop. Seems you complied with the law and advised him of your carrying out of the goodness of your own heart. :)

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hate to break this to you but the way I originally stated it is the way it is being taught in the CC classes by SDA instructors. I went thru the class last summer, had a friend go thru about a month later, and another friend went thru 3 weeks ago and we all got the same explanation of the law.
If this is truely not correct, maybe someone should make it a sticky.
And I could care less about selling guns. I dont sell guns, just buy them.
Apparantly some people on here need to go up a size or two on their tighty whiteys, stop with the "mean spirited personal attacks" and actually try to help someone every once and a while.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I heard from someone who took a better class than I did, some very smart sounding advice. If a Cop ask to see your Gun, then show him where it is and let him get it himself, even if its in a holster on your person. The reason for this is, looking at a dash cam from a squad car, it looks bad you producing a gun on a officer and the officer can do anything, even shoot you. The Cams have no sound so all they see is you reaching for a gun and producing it on the officer. Sounds very smart to me, let the open your jacket, lift your shirt, or whatever you have to do, and let the officer actually receive the weapon.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hate to break this to you but the way I originally stated it is the way it is being taught in the CC classes by SDA instructors. I went thru the class last summer, had a friend go thru about a month later, and another friend went thru 3 weeks ago and we all got the same explanation of the law.
If this is truely not correct, maybe someone should make it a sticky.
And I could care less about selling guns. I dont sell guns, just buy them.
Apparantly some people on here need to go up a size or two on their tighty whiteys, stop with the "mean spirited personal attacks" and actually try to help someone every once and a while.

Ahhhh, com'on Mike ... You gotta admit ... some of us are pretty darn cute!!

This is how I found OSA:

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10302

You're lucky ... no one has told you you can't shoot a Mosin-Nagant, can't make a decision in a life-threatening situation without consulting a man, that you are just an old grumpy mean woman who makes poor guys follow the rules at the range because she really wants to be a man or that you are a racist and that just because you are a BadgeBunny that means you whore yourself out (remember that one guys?? :anyone:) ...

And I can tell you, from the bottom of my heart, you won't find a better bunch of ingrates anywhere. I really did mean it when I said welcome to OSA ...

But you gurls cain't drag deer out of the woods....ha ha ha!

LOL ... you remembered!! But in OSA's defense ... that charge was leveled on another board of which we do not speak here, not here ... By an old man who can't drag himself to the bathroom from his easy chair! :rolleyes2

....and they can't pee their names in the snow.

Well ... maybe not all of us can ... tee hee :coffee2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My two occasions to be stopped:
First time, the officer just asked me to take it out of my pocket, and put it on the center console and meet him in his cruiser. No biggie.

Last time was Osage county sherriff, this Nov. I was speeding to get to my deer hunting area, and running late. He stopped me, and by the time he got to my vehicle, the license, and DL were out and waiting for him. He looked inside at my rifle, Chamber open, and just told me to slow down. Never did ask about a concealed carry weapon.

OKMatt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I heard from someone who took a better class than I did, some very smart sounding advice. If a Cop ask to see your Gun, then show him where it is and let him get it himself, even if its in a holster on your person. The reason for this is, looking at a dash cam from a squad car, it looks bad you producing a gun on a officer and the officer can do anything, even shoot you. The Cams have no sound so all they see is you reaching for a gun and producing it on the officer. Sounds very smart to me, let the open your jacket, lift your shirt, or whatever you have to do, and let the officer actually receive the weapon.

I've been given similar advice. It seems sound to me.

I've been pulled over 4 times since I began CC'ing. Not once has the LEO asked for my weapon.
BTW I was only ticketed 1 of those times. good return on my CC license fee. :)
If it weren't for Officer Monday in Ramona I'd be 4/4. But he was nice and professional about it and didn't have any concern about my being armed.

Oh, < insert jab at the Electicman's search skills here >

Latest posts

Top Bottom