So I think Remington did another faux pa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well it did not group that first box you had very well but the second box it liked .
My handloads did well. I think last time you shot my handloads it did not do as well.

I brought 1 target home with 3 shots on it from your gun. they measured 3/4" center to center.
So they got the accuracy ,, but something is crooked and i think it is the barrel.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost feel the end of the barrel is possibly pointing to the right.

Almost has to be something mechanical like this. If the bore center and scope reticle are lined up and intersecting at the target there's just not much else it can be. Just gotta find the culprit. I'm betting Jedabug has a whacked rifle. If you have to send it back Jedabug I'd be insisting on a new replacement, then I'd sell it and buy something else. It sure seems that Remington is trying to duplicate the Yugo quality assurance model these days.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The crown would be the last thing I would suspect after reading this article http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/rifle-crown-1.php

What did remington say they did to your rifle if anything?

I think remingtons are a crap shoot anymore. Seldom do you hear of this type problem and other maladies with savage, winchester, Ruger, tikka, or Howa.

I watched a friend almost beat the bolt handle off a new Remington shooting factory 168 GMM due to chamber issues.

I was just suggesting the obvious and easy stuff to eliminate with the crown. I know a bunch of S&W revolvers of late seem to have really crappy crowns (and forcing cones) and it does translate to the target. With Remington's reputation of late it would not surprise me in the slightest.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost has to be something mechanical like this. If the bore center and scope reticle are lined up and intersecting at the target there's just not much else it can be. Just gotta find the culprit. I'm betting Jedabug has a whacked rifle. If you have to send it back Jedabug I'd be insisting on a new replacement, then I'd sell it and buy something else. It sure seems that Remington is trying to duplicate the Yugo quality assurance model these days.
Yea, I'm not super happy but I will get ahold of them

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish i would have brought a strait edge with me.
Line it up on the scope base holes and have a long straight edge and see if it points off one direction.

Then i would also lay a straight edge on both sides of the barrel and see if i can see anything out of wack.

We know something is not right.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish i would have brought a strait edge with me.
Line it up on the scope base holes and have a long straight edge and see if it points off one direction.

Then i would also lay a straight edge on both sides of the barrel and see if i can see anything out of wack.

We know something is not right.
Something is off some where, but my money is bad barrel

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington and their QC problems. They have an operation who's job it is straighten barrels before assembly and cull the grossly out of spec barrels.

If it were mine I would just pay 3rd Gen a visit and pick a new Benchmark or Krieger barrel and have it installed. Just my .02cents.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington and their QC problems. They have an operation who's job it is straighten barrels before assembly and cull the grossly out of spec barrels.

If it were mine I would just pay 3rd Gen a visit and pick a new Benchmark or Krieger barrel and have it installed. Just my .02cents.
I'm looking into that option heavily, but I will get ahold of Remington and see what we can work out.
Oh here's some pics. Do you see what I see?
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_09_05_3423fccfd6137e6313104b21dc0a31c2.jpg

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_09_05_65e36289c81cfebe6d06a3b01ab936f4.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very Nice!
I mean...... that sucks!!!!!

But it does look like you found the issue.

I would send it back again and want some compensation on shipping and the stupid ammo they made you buy.. or some kind of compensation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom