1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

So it's been a couple months, what do you hate?

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Okuma, May 17, 2016.

1. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Okay ... simplify the classifieds, and bring back the old color scheme - IMHO it was seriously easier on the eyes; this sea foam green just isn't attractive at all. Oh - and add the ability to make longer inserted quotes "uncompressed" or whatever you'd call it, so they don't require a click to read. All minor nits, granted - as a general principle though the more I can get done with the fewest clicks possible the better a system "feels".

2. Gabriel42

Gabriel42 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Why were the signatures changed to disallow images?

3. Okuma

Okuma Crocodylus Pontifex Staff Member

Administrator
    Should be fixed now

Have you tried the other styles? The default one is a lot closer to the original than the green one is.

And have you click the classifieds button a the top? You can see everything from there.
    They take up too much room in threads by making each post so long, I think it just looks a lot cleaner without them.

4. Gabriel42

Gabriel42 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I liked them and I know a lot of people had them in their signatures. Please consider reinstating them with a height restriction.

5. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes - the default is far too bright - much lighter/contrasty than the original, or at least what I remember and what I see on other sites where the same profiles are used - so went to the green just to tone things down a bit.
    Ah - didn't mean the classifieds were hard to find, just that I preferred the more free-form (form-free?) method of posting them.
    The biggest waste of space from my perspective is the format of all the "stuff" under the profile images at the left. For instance, why show "ratings" on every post? Makes sense inside the classifieds, but doesn't really seem necessary on the rest of the board. And all of the "brag bars" (staff, admin, member, etc.) seem a bit superfluous when taken with the "title" that's already there. Just let a body's "top" function take the place of the "Sharpshooter", etc., line. Doing those two things would save an inch or so of screen real estate for every post.

(edit) Not intending to be a vote for sig images, just an observation prompted by the reason for the capability being removed (/edit)

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  6. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Super Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Why the disdain for a form in the classifieds? It makes it much easier to shop.

It's pretty easy to post an ad, there's no more fields than Armslist IIRC from when I last posted there. And you can tab through them.

7. 120 Acres

120 Acres Sharpshooter

I still hate hominy.

That will never change.

348 and Coded-Dude like this.
  8. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Personally I find them more difficult to read than a "conversational" post. In general I could "hover" those posts and see in a few lines whether I wanted to look more closely at the item. Now the descriptive text is pushed to the bottom below all the form data and doesn't show up on the hover. Perhaps if some of the white space/blank lines between the form fields weren't there it would help. Could also eliminate the "zip code" fields since it more or less duplicates what's in the message title and "location" field, maybe move "willing to ship" and "bill of sale" fields to the end after "item description", etc. And dump the goofy maps - would say that in general most of the folks in Oklahoma have at least a passing idea of where most other places in Oklahoma are. FWIW, YMMV, IANAL, etc. :)

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  9. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You make pink and green buffalo sad. :(
    hominy.jpg

120 Acres likes this.
  10. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Super Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Hadn't thought of that. Would be nice if price and description would show up in hover. I haven't done much classifieds browsing with the new system.