1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

So it's been a couple months, what do you hate?

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Okuma, May 17, 2016.

1. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Super Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    So the attached picture is what you see when you hover over a classifieds?

It would be nice if the order was changed so you saw:

Item Name:
    Sale Price:
    Caliber:
    Description:
    **all the rest**

Attached Files:

2. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes, that's it. The description is one of the more important items to me. I could do with "Location:" and "Item is for:" also going to the bottom since they're somewhat redundant to information already in the title.

3. NikatKimber

Rating
    100%
    Der, yes, the location is in the title. "OKC" "NEOK", then if I'm interested can click the ad and see more exact location.

As for the "Item is for:" I'd like to know if someone is looking for "trade only" before clicking further. Most of the time I don't want to trade, and most of the people who do, are trying to make a buck, so getting a good deal isn't likely anymore. I typically pass over the "Trade only" ads.

4. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The form has checkboxes for Sale and Trade - message titles come up "FS" or "FS/FT", haven't seen one but would assume trade only came up as "FT"(?)

5. NikatKimber

Rating
    100%
    Yep, that's there too.

6. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Someone said that if you use Tapatalk to make a listing it's pretty much like the old software. I haven't tried it myself, but thought I'd throw it out there. I'm kinda with Sandford in liking the textual look better but don't get any real heartburn with the new format. Now that relisting thing is another matter...

7. NikatKimber

Rating
    100%
    The problem with the text only is that if someone gets long winded and is disorganized, you have to hunt for price/terms/what's included. Some people wrote nice ads, some didn't. It's like craigslist:

"I gotz a car fer sell, it gotz da fihteenz and $1000 it gotz da subzorz an it gotz da ampzez. And da rimz. It gotz big rimz. Like a bawss! And krome mutallik lyme grean pante."

That hurt my brain.

The relisting is why I've got a test ad listed right now. I want to check something.

8. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sameish site new software for me. They use the same one over on the FreeNAS forums so it wasn't a big change and a few features here would be nice over there.

The picture in the signature can be nice but at the same time there has to be some way to moderate it. This is especially true when someone takes a 6MB picture of their collection and throws it in without resizing. That is one of the biggest problems some forums have and while there are a couple ways to fix it someone usually ends up butt hurt over a decision. It does not matter to me one way or the other and since the avatar is larger now it gives you almost the same option.

Since I do not use the default color scheme or tapatalk I can't weigh in there much but with multiple schemes available it's hard not to find something that works.

The for sale system works ok but I have noticed it really does seem overloaded sometimes with multiple items posted and relisted back to back and it was more common before that multiple items would be listed in one grouping.

Otherwise I am fairly happy with things, I generally just scan through the "What's New?" section and take a look at anything interesting.

9. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

Me too! Okay I'm sold. Gotta chuckle out of this too. I'll even retract my "the classifieds suck" posts if you can get that relist thing fixed!

10. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Agreed ... re-list sucks. Said it before. There wasn't a thing wrong with the old 'bump' system, and everything stayed with the listing.