So, my bakery was on TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang! I was hoping you were closer to the City. We aren't gonna make Wannemacher this time. Maybe in the fall. You guys are on my bucket list now.

Definitely need to hit up Sprouts next time I'm out. Thanks for the heads up.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Discover Oklahoma filmed the bakery last fall, and aired it on Friday night.
I don't know how to embed the video, but scroll down to Farrell Family Bread.

I'm shown at the end putting Challah loaves into a paper sack.

http://discoveroklahomatv.com/

That's really cool. Do you ship? I'm happy to spend my dollars locally anytime.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's really cool. Do you ship? I'm happy to spend my dollars locally anytime.
Sorry, but we don't ship. Because it is so perishable it needs to be overnighted, and you end up paying more for shipping than for the product. If you are in the OKC or Norman areas there are several retailers that carry our basic line of breads.

We don't wholesale our cookies, because they all use 100% real butter, and we wouldn't make any money marking them down for wholesale.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but we don't ship. Because it is so perishable it needs to be overnighted, and you end up paying more for shipping than for the product. If you are in the OKC or Norman areas there are several retailers that carry our basic line of breads.

We don't wholesale our cookies, because they all use 100% real butter, and we wouldn't make any money marking them down for wholesale.

Where at in OKC? I saw someone mention Sprouts? That sourdough looks good.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, I grew up in NY City and say what you will about Liberals and Yankees - NY has good bakeries everywhere...something I have sorely missed during my military career (and now in Lawton, OK). If I am able to get near you during business hours I will drop in. Mmm...challah (great French toast bread) and crusty loaves - all the bread down here is soft on the outside.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, I grew up in NY City and say what you will about Liberals and Yankees - NY has good bakeries everywhere...something I have sorely missed during my military career (and now in Lawton, OK). If I am able to get near you during business hours I will drop in. Mmm...challah (great French toast bread) and crusty loaves - all the bread down here is soft on the outside.
I trained in NYC at the (then) French Culinary Institute. Favorite NY bakery: Balthazars. Just a couple blocks from school. They really inspired me.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family used to buy your bread back in the early 2000's. I was going to High School just down the road.
I moved to Norman and found your bread at some vendors there.
Today I don't eat much bread, but I still have very fond memories of your bread.
Thank you and I am so happy that your business has been successful.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched it and will be looking at Whole Foods and Sprouts this week! I think I have had it in the past but just never put 2 and 2 together. I always look for good sourdough bread, I lived in the bay area as a child and got it fresh there.

Have you ever heard of Japanese Milk Bread? I lived in Okinawa as a kid and used to ride my bike across base and out the back gate to get some from the store, best bread I have ever eaten. I would love to find something like that again and share with my kids.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom