So Now We're Insurrectionists?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this link from the NRA's Twitter feed. I'm not sure I like being called that, really, but if I'm following the original Founders in any way, so be it.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...ists-are-now-insurrectionists-say-antigunners

Firearms rights activists are now ‘insurrectionists’ say anti-gunners

June 24, 8:34 AM

Timing is everything, and a new book from Joshua Horwitz and Casey Anderson ties in well with recent “reports” from the Department of Homeland Security on “rightwing extremists” and the one from the Missouri Information Analysis Center on the “modern militia movement.”
Horwitz, executive director of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, and Anderson, a Washington, D.C. attorney, call their book Guns, Democracy and the Insurrectionist Idea. So, in addition to being demonized as “rightwing extremists” and militia whackos, now gun rights activists – people who stand in defense of their fundamental civil right to keep and bear arms that is protected by the Second Amendment – are “insurrectionists.”
Saul Cornell, a professor at Ohio State University and one of the nation’s leading gun control proponents, says this book “is an important first step in demonstrating how reasonable gun control is essential to the survival of democracy and ordered liberty.”
These guys simply cannot get over the fact that one year ago this Friday, the Supreme Court of the United States let the air out of a myth they had championed for years, and affirmed that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms that goes well beyond service in some militia.

When gun enthusiasts talk about Constitutional liberties guaranteed by the Second Amendment, they are referring to freedom in a general sense, but they also have something more specific in mind---freedom from government oppression.
Amazon.com offers this description of the book, which reads like it was provided by the authors: “And when gun enthusiasts talk about Constitutional liberties guaranteed by the Second Amendment, they are referring to freedom in a general sense, but they also have something more specific in mind---freedom from government oppression. They argue that the only way to keep federal authority in check is to arm individual citizens who can, if necessary, defend themselves from an aggressive government.”
That certainly appears to be an accurate assessment of the individuals who issued the following statement: “But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.”*
The people who signed that statement founded what could easily be called the American Insurrectionist Movement. Almost certainly, their names belong on the Terrorist Watch List because there is certainly evidence some of these people have already committed acts of “domestic terrorism.”

They argue that the only way to keep federal authority in check is to arm individual citizens who can, if necessary, defend themselves from an aggressive government.

I did some checking. Here are the names of every one of these insurrectionists, and where the authorities can find them:
New Hampshire: Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton
Massachusetts: John Hancock, Samual Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry
Rhode Island: Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery
Connecticut: Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott
New York: William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris
New Jersey: Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark
Pennsylvania: Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross
Delaware: Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean
Maryland: Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton
Virginia: George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton
North Carolina: William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn
South Carolina: Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton
Georgia: Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
* The document from whence this passage comes is the Declaration of Independence, signed 233 years ago by the gentlemen whose names appear above. They won’t be hard to find because they haven’t moved much in the past two centuries. They are all "at home."
Note to Horwitz, Anderson and Cornell: Damn right these men were insurrectionists, and they were good at it. You should thank all the gods in the heavens that they were good at it; they gave you a nation. The mere suggestion that today’s gun rights activists share the same treasonous ideals as the men named above is a brand we’ll wear with honor.
Saul, if “ordered liberty” is what you seek, perhaps you should catch the next flight to Tehran. The Iranian government has been enforcing “ordered liberty” for the past several days.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See how people like Horwitz, Anderson and Cornell must redefine words to get their "point" across? Take a currently distasteful word like "insurrectionists" and cast any particular group under the word, and viola! Instant demonize-ation. Instant derision.

An insurrectionist is one who rises up or revolts against established authority. What is the established authority in this country? Yes, it's the Constitution for the United States of America. Who are the REAL insurrectionists? Who are the REAL defenders of the Constitution?

The REAL insurrectionists are projecting. The REAL insurrectionists have never had a logical argument, must stir up emotions, teeter on the pretense of their elitism, and have come to the realization that they are just about to fall. Unarmed as they are, figuratively and most likely physically, they must incite the hoi polloi to do battle for them. They make themselves the hidden head of a snake, wagging the body of the snake out there while they - the cowardly head of the snake - hide out in their lairs of academe, litigation, and legislation.

Don't fear these people, because they fear us!

Keep up the good work, my fellow defenders of the Constitution. See how they run?

Woody

"Revolution is the Right of the People to preserve or restore Freedom. Those vested with power shall neither deprive the People the means, nor compel such recourse." B.E.Wood

Protect

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Declaration of Independence said:
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

That pretty much sums it up.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I took this oath or the first time almost 30 years ago.

I, Roadking Larry, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;[/B] and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I do not recall every being relieved of the obligation I undertook when I swore to that oath.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took this oath or the first time almost 30 years ago.

I, Roadking Larry, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;[/b] and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I do not recall every being relieved of the obligation I undertook when I swore to that oath.

I'm hip, Larry. "...all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people who signed that statement founded what could easily be called the American Insurrectionist Movement. Almost certainly, their names belong on the Terrorist Watch List because there is certainly evidence some of these people have already committed acts of “domestic terrorism.”

Is there any doubt now that the american citizens must now become a single issue voter? If people who think this way are allowed any more power,it's George Orwell time.
Untill we only elect those representitives who believe that the 2nd Amendment is for protection against the government(ala M.Huckabee)and not for hunting or sports,we will always be oppressed.Not just in deed but thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom