So, taking a new co-ed shooting this evening.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you! I took one of the women from my Sunday school group out to the stillwater range a few months ago. Husband had bought her a Ruger LCP for defense and she had never held a gun in her life and seemed a little scared of them. I took a similar approach to you and started small (ruger mk III) and worked through a few firearms up to her LCP. She loved it and I think she will be okay. I did encourage her to take some real classes on handgun defense, etc.
I wonder if they would have let you continue if you had moved over past the Cowboy Action Shooting area into that horse-shoe berm. I know when your over there you are safely away from what's going on over at the main range area. Just a thought.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job. It's a shame that you didn't get to shoot longer.
Look on the bright side.
It's an excuse to go on a second date...
I mean take her shooting again.

Oh we will go shooting again,,,
If it ever dries up enough.

But it's not a date,,,
C'mon my friends I'm 62 years old.

A half hour with a strong young woman like her,,,
And a shot of good single-malt scotch,,,
Would probably stop my heart. ;)

I've moved to the Cowboy range when they are doing club shoots,,,
But that day they were also going to mow back there as well.

Aarond

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're 62, not dead.

You mentioned that she is interested in getting her carry permit. I teach the SDA class in Stillwater. If she doesn't already have a place in mind to take the class, I'd be happy to teach her. FYI, I'm not trying to hit on her either. I'm happily married to an amazing woman. While I'm outing out blatant self promotion, we also have a martial arts school in Stillwater. My wife is the lead instructor. If the code is interested in that type of training.

Back on topic. I was out there Friday and it was pretty muddy still. Still fun though. It should be much better by now.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're 62, not dead.

You mentioned that she is interested in getting her carry permit. I teach the SDA class in Stillwater. If she doesn't already have a place in mind to take the class, I'd be happy to teach her. FYI, I'm not trying to hit on her either. I'm happily married to an amazing woman. While I'm outing out blatant self promotion, we also have a martial arts school in Stillwater. My wife is the lead instructor. If the code is interested in that type of training.

Back on topic. I was out there Friday and it was pretty muddy still. Still fun though. It should be much better by now.

Naughty!