so that shooting/stabbing yesterday in moore... isis attack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its pretty disturbing that the people who are saying this isn't a terrorist attack seem to be stuck in the past. A past when attacks on our country were done by men in uniforms, flying the flag of their country.
This is a different conflict, with a different set of rules. Our enemy in this case consists of a decentralized force with autonomous cells and individuals bound to the their goal by a common religious view of the world.
These kind of attacks are going to become the norm because they are effective, extremely hard to predict, and take advantage of our own system of government.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its pretty disturbing that the people who are saying this isn't a terrorist attack seem to be stuck in the past. A past when attacks on our country were done by men in uniforms, flying the flag of their country.
This is a different conflict, with a different set of rules. Our enemy in this case consists of a decentralized force with autonomous cells and individuals bound to the their goal by a common religious view of the world.
These kind of attacks are going to become the norm because they are effective, extremely hard to predict, and take advantage of our own system of government.

And if you hate our form of government, you'll lie about the root cause of the attacks, and further Americans' willingness to sumbit to more authority.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all religious wackos are terrorists. BTW, could ya tell Spata you ain't skeered so I can get off the OSA terrorist watch list?

Spata, I ain't skeered.

Not all religions demand that the followers behead infidels. Not all religions have declared a holy war on the non-muslim citizens of the United States.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm... is it terrorism when fellow inmates behead a pedophile (to the subtle and not so subtle approval of many of us here)? Do we champion maximizing the pain and terror of the deaths of the most vile among us? We may call it poetic justice, but in it's most objective light, these acts carry the same stigma. It is instead the offences of the victims that we object to. While many of us approve, or at least do not strongly disapprove of the torture and murder of those who have crossed our philosophical line between human and monster, the moslem feels the same way. The difference is that the line between human and monster is drawn in a much tighter circle around himself. Don't worship ollie? You're a monster. Worship ollie, but complain about being raped, you're a monster. In some places the only difference is which knee they get down on first to pray on, and that's enough for each group of "faithful" to label each other as monsters.*
When moslems claim to be a religion of tolerance, they mean they tolerate people exactly like them.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spata, I ain't skeered.

Not all religions demand that the followers behead infidels. Not all religions have declared a holy war on the non-muslim citizens of the United States.

What I'm getting at is that there is a line (thin though it may be) between someone who utilizes asymmetric warfare and a terrorist. Same tactics, different intents/goals. Good old "Charlie" wasn't a terrorist in Vietnam, but he sure did know how to use asymetric warfare.

If I put images of "The Rock" all over my social media pages and generally idolize the guy before delivering the "People's Elbow" to someone's face that has wronged me, does that make me a professional wrestler? Am I affiliated with the WWE? Is my goal to entertain people?

This Nolen guy... There's no doubt that he is one sick puppy. That being said, it's difficult to believe that a guy who goes to get a knife after being fired/suspended and tries to kill the person that ratted him out had the goal of terrorizing an entire population in order to affect large scale political change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom