So this just happened a bit ago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will just to agree to disagree. Some will see the issue here, sadly, others are blinded by...something. I don't know what, though.

I don't think anyone is blinded by...anything. Some, like me, refuse to look for things to be offended by.

Thank you for your service.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try to remember the previous school, theater, mall, etc. shootings, and the criticism law enforcement received for "not doing their job". The individual absolutely has the right to walk around with a firearm, and the officer was only doing what everyday citizens would expect him to do.

I agree.

The way I see it, no one on this forum knows what the hell was going on. We were not there. Lets assume the trooper was doing what he needed to be doing and the runner did what he needed to be doing and all went well, like it apparently did . We have ZERO information to go on, definitely not enough to be jumping too conclusions about what should or should not have happened in this situation.

Way too many folks automatically assume the worst.

And some resort to quasi-insults to defend their own position.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I am not wound tight at all...but thanks for your opinion. Your post didn't come across to as a "happy it didn't escalate" but I agree. My big issue is that there shouldn't have been an interaction at all. A nice wave, a nod, a friendly "howdy" would have sufficed. Tell me exactly why the trooper should have touched that weapon?
He probably got a call to check the guy out therefore he had a duty to make contact and ID the guy. The weapon clear was just for his safety. I'm sure the weapon owner was asked if he could do so first. Not an unreasonable request during this tumultuous environment against LEO's.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got it on video. Just trying to figure out how to upload it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t. Somebody will just use it or re-post it somewhere to cause discontent. But use your own judgment.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mostly serving in the military, but doing other things, too. I am not sure what your comment is about.

No one wants to answer my question...WHY DID HE FEEL THE NEED TO CLEAR THE WEAPON?!?

I’ll answer it. The LEO probably felt the need to clear the weapon for his own safety and/or it was to follow a policy. Why not pose that question to the LEOs here and see what they say. Most of us just have an opinion and as has been said, we weren’t there and really know very little.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll answer it. The LEO probably felt the need to clear the weapon for his own safety and/or it was to follow a policy. Why not pose that question to the LEOs here and see what they say. Most of us just have an opinion and as has been said, we weren’t there and really know very little.

See Snattlerake's comment right above yours. Grumpy stopped trying to answer questions about policy several years ago because there was ALWAYS some malcontents eager to try and pick a fight with him over it when all he was doing was trying to explain the department's position. It's not like he ever had any control over that but he got some PMs that would have made you think HE was what was wrong with the whole damned world. And to be honest he stopped answering mostly because I begged him to. I got tired of hearing the PMs and trying to explain to him some people aren't happy unless they were bitching about something. Not worth it ... We have better things to do with our time.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the OP posted to perhaps elicit a discussion and not necessarily to create arguments. I would have liked for some Police Officer to have stopped and detained some of the kooks that shot up some of our schools in recent years but that is just wishful thinking. What is to be thought if someone is running and has an AR strapped to their shoulder? Maybe someone saw him and called the cops and he was nearby and had to check it out as part of his job. Who knows?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it seems. I mean, "some guy goes jogging in his combat gear carrying an AR down a busy road in MWC". Why? Doesn't he realize his actions are going to draw attention to himself? Of course he does, unless he has the intellect and sense of an idiot. Reminds me of the clown carrying his AR in the park while moms were there with their little kids. What's the point? In the world we live in today, doing something like this makes no sense to me; none; zippo; zero. There is no reason I can see other than maybe he wants to do "a 2A audit" of the cops or some such silliness. Or maybe he wanted to show the good citizens of MWC that there is a real badass in town, showing off his badassness amongst them, and that it be himself. Sounds to me like Rambo was doing something just because he can. Well, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. If he wants to promote the 2A, don't you think there are better ways to do that than alarming citizens by jogging down a busy road in full kit, alone, with an AR? If I saw some fool doing that, I'd sure question it too. Knowing what little I know about the whole thing, I think what he did was irresponsible, unnecessary, and maybe even stoopid. Remember the thug ambushing the police in LA a week or so ago? So what should they do if they see some guy running down the road in full gear with an AR? Smile and wave? Give him the thumbs up and go have a donut? Nah, I gotta back the Po-Po on this one and question Rambo for his poor judgment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom