So what made these scratch marks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was up on my lease in Woodward Co this morning. After giving up on killing a Turkey I started doing a little scouting. I'll be sore in the morning to say the least. To much walking. I was checking one of the feeders on the lease, This salt block is just a few feet from the base of the feeder. Feeders batteries have long sence died so no corn is getting dispensed. The ground is to dry to produce tracks otherwise the mystery would be easier to solve.

Standard size salt block. big enough you don't want to mistake it for a chunk of styrofoam and try to kick it. Yeah I did that once many many years ago. Never again.

The claw marks are about 4" or so edge to edge. To big for a coyote or bobcat. I'm thinking larger cat. Whatcha thing?

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_IMG_0442.jpg

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_IMG_0443.jpg

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is western OK. I'd consider bear as an option should it be eastern OK. This is one of several areas I'm planning on setting a game camera next time I head up there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom