So, When Will These Shortages End?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the other day in a newsletter I get from Hornaday that it will take a year at least to get back to normal when Trump wins. Back orders are so deep it will take that long to catch up.
I’ve read the same prediction on more than one venue. One said 18 months before ammo supplies normalize, and that’s if President Trump wins.
All I can figure is gun folks have very short memories, and I really can’t feel too bad for those that went through the Sandy Hook shortage and aren’t stocked up this time. No matter, it sucks for those looking for ammo right now.:anyone:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see shortages, I just see insane prices due to out of control and illogical deman. I was shopping for ammo on line yesterday and found everything I wanted in stock, in bulk, somewhere....just not at prices I wanted to pay.

Some retailers probably just don't want to deal with it. The pricing doesn't fit into their models. This is another self-induced problem just like the .22lr panic days.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see shortages, I just see insane prices due to out of control and illogical deman. I was shopping for ammo on line yesterday and found everything I wanted in stock, in bulk, somewhere....just not at prices I wanted to pay.

Some retailers probably just don't want to deal with it. The pricing doesn't fit into their models. This is another self-induced problem just like the .22lr panic days.
Do you have a couple of places that you see the best deals currently available on 9mm ? I can't find anyone with bulk 9mm available. My son-in-law has a competition coming soon and he needs a bunch of 9mm and he probably would pay whatever price it takes to get it. I used to use targetsportsusa but they don't currently have any bulk 9mm at all.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SGammo is slowly filling their shelves but only because prices are up and few want to pay double, triple or whatever.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a couple of places that you see the best deals currently available on 9mm ? I can't find anyone with bulk 9mm available. My son-in-law has a competition coming soon and he needs a bunch of 9mm and he probably would pay whatever price it takes to get it. I used to use targetsportsusa but they don't currently have any bulk 9mm at all.
Gunbroker - but, you will be paying a premium right now. Bidders are setting the market price.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SG Ammo has Tula and IMI in stock for .52 and .84 a round.

Freedom Munitions has a variety https://www.freedommunitions.com/ammunition/pistol/9mm.html

Bulk Munitions https://bulkmunitions.com/store/?pr...id=43&source_tax=product_cat&instock_filter=1

There are more but some are as high as a $1.00 a round!

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bigger problem I see is that before this last crisis. Gun shops were down the last two years. So they have a tough time running a business where they have to try and expand for demand then shrink business when it slows down. I know last year I was talking to a member on here about the fact that with an election year coming up. All ammo plants should have been manufacturing 24x7x365 and warehousing stuff in shipping containers knowing something was going to happen this year. Problem is they need the money to be able to do that. Still no one had any idea that the china virus was coming but china.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SGammo is slowly filling their shelves but only because prices are up and few want to pay double, triple or whatever.
SGammo had only one that I saw that didn't say "notify when back in stock" this this morning. That was Tulammo I think.

I'll have to keep trying them on other days.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom