Solar/Electrical Help Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottsLife

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I bought an off-grid property back in June that is in LeFlore County. This property had a small cabin (with a spiderweb of electrical wire) and a solar system. The system stopped working shortly after purchase. I have stripped the cabin of the original electrical system and I doubled the sq/ft. It is now 740 ish sq ft on the first floor and the loft has approximately 405 sq ft. I had new elecrtical roughed-in. I also purchased two 6000k EG4 combo inverters and two EG4 Pro 48v 280 amp hour batteries.

So this gets to the place where I need help and I am willing to pay for it. I thought I had someone interested in helping me but he doesn't seem to be interested any more. I need the wiring in the cabin finished (attached to breakers, switches, recepticles, and 16 overhead lights (mostly cans)). I need the solar equipment hooked up to the solar panels, and the wiring taken to the cabin. I know this is an oversimplification but as I am not an electrician I probably don't know how to adequately explain.

I am available to answer any questions and can provide pictures and videos that show how Will Prowse hooked up the same equipment.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• SOLAR.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image000000(3).JPG
    image000000(3).JPG
    876.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 16 Before Stain .JPG
    16 Before Stain .JPG
    616.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image000000(4).JPG
    image000000(4).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a lot of it done. There are some really good youtube videos that might help you finish it out. It's not real hard. With that said I'm not an electrician either but have looked into this a bit.

One thing is make sure your solar array is configured to the voltage range of your inverter's capacity. You can rewire them easily in parallel or series to hit the voltage they need. To do that you will need to find the specs on your panels. after that it's pretty easy to hook it all up.

Color me jealous of your new digs! :thumbup3:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya. I’m a do it yourselfer. I’ve wired my self built garage, barn, and off grid cabin. I put in the cabin’s solar system myself. Not bragging just trying to convey its really not hard. Black is hot. White is neutral. Green is ground. I bet you can do it with a little YouTube University help.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Good point. But once leaving inverter it’s standard house wiring for 110 circuits it’s the black white green

Latest posts

Top Bottom